Would this be too risque?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gabu, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I was thinking of suggesting the Talkbass T-Shirt, Bassists Hang Low... Too risque? :p

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I like it!! 'Course, you could say the same thing about my Dachshund!!

-robert

3. I'd go for that... I'd like a T-shirt with Gone Fishin? on the front and a bass clef on the back with "NAH!"

:D:D

Merls

4. But normal people are morons, and they won't get it. Yeah, in-jokes are cool, but only if the other person finally gets it after a few minutes.

Rock on
    Eric

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    My vote is still for What Part Of Cxsus4b7b9#13 Don't You Understand? :D

6. I like that one.:D

Rock on
    Eric

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    The x, and the b7, and the #13. Or is the x supposed to mean double sharp? Since 7 is assumed to be flat anyway, b7 would be the same pitch as 6, so it would be pointless calling it b7. And, #13 would be the essentially the same pitch as 7 - so it's pointless calling it #13. So what you really mean is D13b9(sus4), or somesuch.

:D

8. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    True, but this way makes it look more complicated.

Why would the 7 be flat anyway? You're right that #13 is the same pitch as b7 (admittedly I didn't think about it much as I typed it in ;))

9. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Because in chord symbols, 7 means flattened 7th - i.e. the minor 7th of the scale. So, to flatten that would give you the 6th. But it's all hypothetical anyway - you don't see b7 in chord symbols, and you don't see #13 either.

Obviously I realise you were just typing it out like that to make it look complicated :) But if you're gonna put a complicated chord symbol on a T-shirt, at least make it a valid one :p

10. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    I could have sworn I have seen both b7 and #13 in chord symbols before... true, they weren't in the same chord though.

At any rate... any big long chord symbol that will make a non-musician poop in his/her pants would do just fine ;)

11. Alyn

Alyn

Dec 19, 2002
    I saw a sign a while ago with "Bass players do it deeper" my girlfreind at the time was gonna buy it for me but the shop was closed and some *insult unsuitable for public view* caused some *coarse slang meaning "poo"* before the stall opened so we had to scram :mad: :( .

12. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Hmmm... find me examples :) I don't see any reason why there would ever be either of those in a chord symbol, really. #11, sure, but 13? And why put b7 in a chord symbol when 7 is flat anyway? Making it flatter would give you a 6.

13. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    I stand corrected on the b7 - that should have read m7...

I'm still sure I've seen a #13 before - I will have a look and see.

In the meantime, how about this...

What part of viim7b5 (III7) / vim (vim/V) / bvm7b5 (VII7b9) / IIIMaj7 (iim7) V9 don't you understand?

That one is an actual progression and not something I made up! :D

14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    bump