1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

would this be worth upgrading?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by draginon, Jul 15, 2005.

1. draginon

draginon

Oct 4, 2004
    http://www.rondomusic.net/product413.html

5 string sx bass from rondo. if the bass looks like the pictures show, its incredibly sexy. Because its inexpensive I would look into installing another bridge maybe tuners, and maybe some pups if they were not up to par.

anyone have any experience with these basses? anything I should watch out for?

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    SX has been talked about massively on this site.

Basic conclusion...: Good to great stuff for the money, and very upgradeable.

3. Love the look, especially the big black block markers on the fretboard....most definately worth the $.

4. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    I've heard lots of people decide to leave the pickups stock, because their perfectly satisfied with the stock ones. I think the SX is the ultimate upgrade bass. That bass sure does look hot, too.

5. I know Im gonna keep the link and next inexpensive bass I pick up I'll order one of these!

6. Motoboy

Motoboy

Nov 21, 2004
    Greer, SC
    I just bought the four string version of that bass. It is just fine (for me...a beginner). The maple neck even has some nice flame and birdseye! I was a little startled at the clearcoat over the fingerboard, but I don't really care.

Enjoy!