would this be worth upgrading?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by draginon, Jul 15, 2005.

1. draginon

Oct 4, 2004

5 string sx bass from rondo. if the bass looks like the pictures show, its incredibly sexy. Because its inexpensive I would look into installing another bridge maybe tuners, and maybe some pups if they were not up to par.

anyone have any experience with these basses? anything I should watch out for?
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    SX has been talked about massively on this site.

Basic conclusion...: Good to great stuff for the money, and very upgradeable.
  3. Love the look, especially the big black block markers on the fretboard....most definately worth the $.
  4. Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    I've heard lots of people decide to leave the pickups stock, because their perfectly satisfied with the stock ones. I think the SX is the ultimate upgrade bass. That bass sure does look hot, too.
  5. I know Im gonna keep the link and next inexpensive bass I pick up I'll order one of these!
  6. I just bought the four string version of that bass. It is just fine (for me...a beginner). The maple neck even has some nice flame and birdseye! I was a little startled at the clearcoat over the fingerboard, but I don't really care.