1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would this fit? words from the wise required

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by d-basser, Mar 21, 2006.

1. d-basser

d-basser

Nov 20, 2005
    Just lookin at the status website and they sell Dtuners that look very similar to the tuners on my bass (gotoh style) only £58!!!

dtune1.

i was wondering whether these status dtuners would fit my peavey BXP???
    (obv i'd go for black)

DSCN0943.

if not can anyone recomend some where i can get one that will.

:) thanx :)

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Hipshot also makes a Gotoh style D-Tuner and they can be found for a pretty good price on eBay. I picked mine up for $55 US.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    First of all, the one status sells is either a Hipshot, or Hipshot licenced (it's Hipshot's design and implementation) and frankly, I believe it's the best detuner out there.

Without seeing the back of the headstock, I couldn't tell you if it fits. The tuners don't appear to be Gotoh's, but it doesn't mean a Gotoh won't fit.

4. Looking here, they sure do look like Gotoh to me. I'd say it'll work. Since you gave the price in £, I'd assume your in the UK, so Status would be a good local source.

5. looks like it should fit just fine.

6. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Regretably can't help you with the D-Tuner but congrats on being the first person to post on TB since I joined with a picture and ownership of the exact same bass as me :D. A black Peavey Grind BXP P/J, nice basses, real shame they discontinued them for the NTB series which I don't like as much.

7. d-basser

d-basser

Nov 20, 2005
    ^finally someone with the same bass we should have a two person club :D

good taste my friend, good taste:)

8. dufunk

dufunk

Sep 20, 2009
    Ontario
    Can I join?! I have one and been searching high and low for details on this bass. The above picture is the first i have even seen! ahaha