Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Would this help?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I have a Squier P-bass and it has a blance problem. The neck sinks to the floor. Would putting one of those bridge covers on my body help make it heavier so it wouldn't sink?

Thanks for help

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Doubt it.

3. Yeah, it wouldn't help, they don't weigh enough. However, if you are looking to spend money modifying it, you can get some lightweight tuners, and get a BAII bridge. But in my opinion you'd be better off getting a new bass.

4. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    use logic my man, lets say just the head stock on your bass ways ooooo, a pound not even, with tunning pegs and all. if you put a (proably in the onces range) piece of metal on the middle of your basses body its obviously not goin to do anything.

the head dive is on lots of fenders and other basses, that where there body doesnt counter balance the wieght of the head. its not always having a light head stock or a heavier body, its how the body is designed sometimes. so i wouldnt worry about it and just tough it out. :)

5. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I don't know if this would help seeing as how I have never done it, but you could move the strap lock closest to your bridge down about 5 inches. If you type "Warwick Thumb neck dive" I am sure you will find some helpful solutions.

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    O well, it was a good idea at least.
    I was playing with idea of adding that thing to make it look better anyway.

Thanks so much.

7. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    make the strap button on the horn longer with a small piece of pipe with a longer screw in it.

8. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I'd go with the new bass, but if you don't want to then try this:
    http://www.lysator.liu.se/~wizkid/music/thunderbird_mod/

that's a link that talks about fixing neck dive on a t-bird. It does involve drilling, but it will probably work on a p-bass. You should proabably ask someone who is experienced with this kind of stuff first.