1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would this set up work properly and be adequately powered?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by myke.nytemare, Jan 5, 2007.

1. I have a Peavey Classic 400 and would like to connect it to a Peavey 210 TVX cab (4-ohm, 175 Watts RMS) and a Peavey 115 BVX (4 ohm, 400 Watt RMS). Will each speaker receive 200 watts at 4 ohms (and work allright if I dont push it).

I also want this setup so I can just use the 115BVX when I dotn want to carry as much to a gig.

2. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Check the FAQ at the top of this forum to get a better understand of things, but to start with, two 4 ohms cabs results in a 2 ohm load on the amp.

3. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    To answer your question - No, the Peavey Classic 400 cannot operate safely at 2 ohms. When in doubt, always check the back of the head. It will always say what the minimum impedance is.

4. What if I found an 8ohm 210 and an 8ohm 115, they would operate at 4 ohms when in parallel, right?

5. yup

6. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Correct.

You can also have a series cable made that will allow you to run the two 4 ohm cabs at a 8 ohm load. You can check with Pro Cables and sound, I believe they have a stock cable for that purpose or with Bayou Cables to make one for you.

7. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
  8. Ok..one more question. What if I had a 200 Watt RMS/400 Program cabinet and used the Peavey Classic 400 to power it.

As long as I didnt have the amp very loud all the time, the speakers/cab would likely not be damaged, right? I mean, the Peavey probaby outputs 350 very clean watts when cranked up, so when operated at lesser volumes, it should not blow the speakers in a 200W RMS cab?!?!