Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Would this stand fit the Yamaha RBX range?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wRaith, Aug 31, 2005.

1. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    This is a stand made by Fender specifically for it's Strats and Teles. I want to know if it will fit my RBX170. Maybe if someone here owns a Strat or Tele as well as any bass in the RBX range they could see how the shapes match.

The Fender info for the stand is here, but I found a better pic (attached).

I hope someone can help. Thanks guys.

P.S. click the image, it gets bigger :D .

Attached Files:

2. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Sorry for not just using the edit button, I wanted the bump.

I've got an easier question. Is a Strat or Tele roughly the same depth (face to back) as a bass?

3. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I cant see why it wouldnt work.

The tele is thicker than the stratocaster, but it all comes down to which bass you are talking about.

4. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I want to do it with the Yamaha RBX170. It's about 2 inches deep (from memory, I don't have it here with me).

5. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I dont think you'll have to worry about thickness. Just the center of gravity. Just try it out, I'm sure it'll be alright.

6. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeh, the centre of balance will depend on how high up the back of the body the little support strat reaches. It sould be OK.

7. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    well, not really. The center of gravity, or center of balance, is where it is on the bass. It'll never change, unless you start taking chunks out of your bass. The point is, does the back peice reach ABOVE the center of gravity. But you got the idea, anyway.

I think you'll be fine.