1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would trading a Trace Elliot V6 for an Orange AD200 be a fair trade?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by OneWayPunk, Mar 7, 2008.

1. I'm thinking about getting rid of my V6, now I know these are rare amps and was thinking it should be fairly valuable. I have no idea what they go for as you don't see them very often if at all.
    Ideally I would like to get an Orange AD200 to replace it and I was wondering if these 2 amps had a similar value on the open used gear market.
    The V6 is 400 Watt all tube and the AD200 is only 200 Watts, but I think the Orange amp was/is more expensive to start with.

Just looking for some opinions

Thanks
    Scott

2. It seems like a decent trade, they are both pretty rare or expensive. If someone wants to do the trade and you both win, go for it.

3. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    IMHO Yes, proponents of the different camps will argue this one out but from my position yes.

In terms of market value heres how i see it.....

V8 ~$ SA200 (just because both are uber rare)
    V6 ~$ AD200
    V4 ~$ SVT

:bag: I'm sure that's gonna start a big p****** match - but thats my opinion.

Frosty.

4. jcidulka

jcidulka Supporting Member

I have played both. The Orange gear does not have the headroom as the V6. If you play loud, you will regret it.

5. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Is a beast but I think I would prefer to record with the Orange.
    It just feels a little more direct in its open top end and spongier
    almost greasy in the bottom end if you know what I mean.
    The V6 is a generally more Aggressive and Punchy even turned down
    Quite low.
    :bassist: