1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

would you audition for this band?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Mar 22, 2009.

1. http://www.myspace.com/amplekracks
    their music is nice but it doesn't give me that "omg this is what i wanted to do!" thing. the vocalist has played bass in these recordings and is actually a guitarist and now they are looking for a permanent bass player. i am kinda unsure since am already playing with a band. so i ask ya all for help... what do you guys think?

2. Allmanfan456

Allmanfan456

Jan 23, 2009
    Connecticut
    its interesting. Defiantly good music but personally I wouldn't audition. Its not my cup of tea.

3. Killer tunes! Go along for the fun if it.

4. could be fun.

5. Definitely not. Cheesier than Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza.

6. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

Nov 22, 2008
    Braintree
    Retrovibe Artist rota

I can't see how you can do it. You have posted on a web forum how you feel, and it does not strike as that "omg" feeling. Invited in a round about way criticism of the material, and the bass playing of maybe one of the songwriters who wrote the lines. You are unsure of whether you should do it. Do this band justice and stay away and let them find someone who is like minded to what they want, and you find that "OMG" feeling band you deserve and not waste each other time.

7. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Can you book this stuff easily in India?

8. They sound good with good songs (except that third "Jam...didn't care for that one). The first song is really good, and the I like that 2nd song even more. Sounds killer. The singer's got a great voice.

I think it's sort of funny how we musicians generally have no idea what we really sound like. Here's what the Ample Krack's myspace says in the "bio":

Heh... At least from the three songs posted, there was nothing remotely 'funky.' They sound pretty much just like a straight ahead ballsy hard rock band with out too much "alternative," and certainly nothing "funky."

Heh...

9. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Audition? Hell, I wouldn't even listen to them! :rolleyes:

10. The first 30 seconds of track one was pretty good, but it got pretty creepy pretty quick after that....:help:

11. thanks for the replies. i cant reply back to indivisual posts since my pc died and am posting from a library, but i really want to... maybe some time later. anyway i made upmy mind to not to audition with them. i was kinda unsure before because i really want to play as many gigs and dont want to miss out on any oppertunities but these guys dont have any gigs lined up so thats seals it for me

12. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Dude. OMG. That first song (Window Shopper) sounds like Soundgarden fronted by Bowie. My cuppa tea for sure. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

*I* would audition for this band if I didn't live 7,692 miles away from them. That would make the rehearsal schedule pretty brutal, even if we only met once a week.

--Bomb :bassist:

13. +1000