1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would you bungee jump?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Skel, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I'm talking about something more than 10 feet, Ok.

I wouldn't do it. I'm afraid of heights and afraid of dying in that manner.

2. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    I would. I've already jumped off 60 foot cliffs into water. Bugie Jumping, IMO, doesn't hold much more risk than that.
    I also want to sky dive.

3. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    But the water just seems so much softer!

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I'd sooner skydive.

5. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I'm extremely acrophobic, so bungee jumping is out of the question. But... the though of jumping out of a plane doesn't bother me, in fact I really hope to try it someday.

6. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    Right at initial contact, you feel a bit like a huge fist punched your whole body at the same time.

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I would give it a try if i was reasonable reassured of the precautions.

8. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    No.

9. I did it on a whim when a buddy and I were driving to Florida for a road trip. There was a shotty looking crane in a parking lot with a sign advertising $10 jumps. We both did it. I will never do it again. I wasn't too scared, I just learned that I really don't like the feeling of falling and being yanked all over the place.

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yep, already done it. Back when we could do it there was a company that would rent a crane and you could get a 150ft jump in. They were going to get a 300ft crane but the county outlawed it before it could happen. :(

All I can say is...WHAT A RUSH!!! It's really hard to explain but the ground comes at you so fast it feels like there is no way your not going to hit it! :eek: Ah, what a ruch....

Yea, I know, I have mental problems! :p

11. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    You've gotta be saying some prayers on the way down! Tell me you didnt.

12. Nope, not me.

I don't mind high places so much, but it depends on the situation. Bungee jumping is not one of the situations I would put myself in. Same goes for roller coasters. I don't mind the ride up. it's just the out of control feeling on the way down.

13. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Not yet, but I'm dying to go soon. :smug:

14. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I wanted to sky dive on my 18th birthday, but it was like $800 for the first jump. Nuts to that. I'll have to wait until I get a real job. :meh:

15. I guess I would if the situation presented itself. I've been skydiving already, and I doubt bungee jumping would be much crazier.

16. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    No - while I don't consider myself particularly risk-averse; I don't go out-of-my-way to take on more risk.

17. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    Hell no

18. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    :D

19. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Absolutely yes, I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie... and there is nothing that possibly beats that rush (cue Mr. Big - Addicted to that Rush)

Regardless, I've read that this stress, the fear, adrenaline, is good for you, and that it keeps your heart in good shape. So riding rollercoasters is actually good for you according to experts and some doctors. I'll jump to that ;)

20. Headroom

Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    I can recommend these folks, about 25 miles north of Seattle. First-time static line is $180 (including training), while a tandem jump is $215.

http://www.skydivesnohomish.com/