1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would you buy a Ampeg b2??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kingskippy2001, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Kingskippy2001

Kingskippy2001

Aug 12, 2008
    Ohio
    I am on a very small budget to get everything I need. I found a b2 for $130 is it worth it to pick it up and use it for a few months? Thanks for any info, you guys are always great to a new guy like me.

2. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

Dec 24, 2006
    USA
    I've owned and played an Ampeg B2R for the last 5 yrs if that says anything. I have to be honest though as I originally bought it as a "get me through this" kind of amp until I could afford something better. However, as it turned out I ended up keeping it and using it to good effect both as a gigging and rehearsel amp. I wouldn't say its the best amp but I wouldn't say its even close to being the worst. The B2 is a simple solidly made workhorse. If the B2 your looking at is in good working order 130 bucks is a good price. Most B2's go for around 200-250 depending on the shape.

3. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Yes, it can sound great through a house system too.

Keep the master on full and set your volume with the gain. Also, activate the eq.

4. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I'd rather get a Peavey.

5. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    I like GK's better,
    but it works. Get it.

6. Kingskippy2001

Kingskippy2001