Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Would you buy an instrument from this seller?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jobu3, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Yes, I don't think it would be damaged/Don't care if it is.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Maybe, but with detailed questioning.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. No, I only buy instruments that have been treated with respect and TLC.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. I don't buy basses online.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2373488713&category=4713

I know when you are trying to sell something you want it to look as nice as possible and I think that the background aesthetic is nice however, I think that the likelyhood of the bass being damaged (even if slightly) would be too great... Also the description is, well... not very descriptive. This really peeves me, especially since I am considering a Renaissance or Rob Allen. :mad: What do you guys think? :confused:

2. It appears to be in good condition, you could always mail the seller before you bid. If I would want a bass like this, I might go for it.

3. It was probably "protected" before placing on the rocks/ground. Some kinda sheet/foam thing possibly. Looks like it's floatin on the surface. Plus, it's better to photograph things outside in good light...so props for that :p

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    You're absolutely right about taking pix outside... but when I sell something I take extra care in description and pictures so as to minimize the need to answer the more likely questions later. I'm sure that this guy will get asked a hundred times if there is a towel or pad or something under the bass and if he adds it on later it looks a little more shady than if that was listed in the desription from the get-go... Personally, I make sure that my basses are either on the carpet or in a stand (which is where they always are when not being played or in a case) when I try to sell them online. I'm not considering this particular bass anyway because the seller doesn't take paypal. Just wondering what your takes were... ;)