Would you buy an instrument from this seller?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jobu3, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Yes, I don't think it would be damaged/Don't care if it is.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Maybe, but with detailed questioning.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. No, I only buy instruments that have been treated with respect and TLC.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. I don't buy basses online.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2373488713&category=4713

I know when you are trying to sell something you want it to look as nice as possible and I think that the background aesthetic is nice however, I think that the likelyhood of the bass being damaged (even if slightly) would be too great... Also the description is, well... not very descriptive. This really peeves me, especially since I am considering a Renaissance or Rob Allen. :mad: What do you guys think? :confused:

2. It appears to be in good condition, you could always mail the seller before you bid. If I would want a bass like this, I might go for it.

3. It was probably "protected" before placing on the rocks/ground. Some kinda sheet/foam thing possibly. Looks like it's floatin on the surface. Plus, it's better to photograph things outside in good light...so props for that :p

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    You're absolutely right about taking pix outside... but when I sell something I take extra care in description and pictures so as to minimize the need to answer the more likely questions later. I'm sure that this guy will get asked a hundred times if there is a towel or pad or something under the bass and if he adds it on later it looks a little more shady than if that was listed in the desription from the get-go... Personally, I make sure that my basses are either on the carpet or in a stand (which is where they always are when not being played or in a case) when I try to sell them online. I'm not considering this particular bass anyway because the seller doesn't take paypal. Just wondering what your takes were... ;)