Would you change quality for better looking?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by maturanesa, Jan 12, 2015.

1. The case is for a custom build. i have a schaller 2000 5 string bridge satin on a bass and it looks weird, GIANT, awful over this particular instrument... But is high quality, no doubt about it. The other option for the string spacing is generic monorail bridges (thats the only two options i have in this part of the planet) that definitely look more discrete and matchs better.
    would you replace it?

thanx!

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I wouldn't but, you can do what you want, THIS time. Be fore warned I may not allow it in the future.

T_Bone_TL likes this.
  3. "Would you change quality for better looking?" Ask my ex-wife.

T_Bone_TL and BazzTard like this.
  4. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    I have to suspect you are blowing "how bad (you think) it looks" way out of proportion here. Stick with quality. Nobody but other bass players actually looks at a bass anyway, but in all cases sound trumps looks.

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Why not quality and good looking?
    Hipshot

6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    The monorails aren't exactly low quality, and I agree that the Schaller is ugly. Go with the Monorail if you like the aesthetic of it.

7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Life is too short to put up with a number of things:

1) Lite beer.

2) Ugly basses.

3) Econobox cars.

4) Women who drive you nuts

The list could go on, but those are some of the essentials.

JustForSport likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021