1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would you date a girl who lives in a dangerous neighbourhood?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by los100malditos, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Would you date a girl who lives in a dangerous neighbourhood?
    she moving out it is not an option...!
    What would you do?

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Why is her moving out not an option?

Yeah, Id date a girl from a bad neighborhood, she could just come and stay at my place.

3. JFOC

JFOC

Oct 23, 2010
    new hampShire
    I wish I had a girl in the hood, I would call her

4. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    How dangerous? Detroit ghetto dangerous? Chicago ghetto dangerous? Most likely not. Depends on the area I guess.

5. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    I'd say, "Call me when you move out of the sticks, sweetie".

6. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    Depends . . . what are you packing?

7. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    it wouldn't bother me if i was still young and fearless, i've lived in south central, skid row, the warehouse district, washington heights, and bushwick they were a good contrast to the comfortable suburbs of the midwest

8. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp

Jul 15, 2012
    Laurel,DE.
    I did and married her. I used to worry a lot though.

9. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Well I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a six four Impala.

Yeah, I would and have dated girls in dangerous neighborhoods. Of course, any neighborhood I'm in automatically becomes a dangerous neighborhood. That's just how I roll.

10. GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe

Mar 11, 2013
    Kent, United Kingdom
    As the scariest thing in the dark alleys, it's never bothered me.

11. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

I did, of course I lived in a dangerous neighboorhood too. In a year and a half my house got burgalized 6 times.
    One time a female roomate was alone showering in the house. When she came out there were guys in the house. She ran naked and screaming up the street to a neighboor. Another female roomate was not as wise and wanted to argue with guys she caught in our house. One of them broke her jaw. The last thing they told her before she passed out was that there was a contract out on me. Every time I saw something I would call the police, somehow they got my name.
    I was young and stupid and lived in fear the whole time. I was really foolish on my part to stay there so long.

12. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Small town dangerous...

My gf doesn't live in the greatest neighborhood. About a week ago, as she was walking her young child to her schoolbus stop, a police manhunt started after a stabbing incident in the neighborhood. The suspect was found about 20 minutes later, hiding in my gf's backyard. Little bit disturbing there. :bag:

13. Depends how dangerous. Comparatively speaking, Denver is pretty tame compared to most cities but I'd have no problem dating a girl in any part of Denver. I'd just question why she didn't want to move. That'd be the weird part to me & a bit of a red flag, TBH.

14. MetalSearGolid

MetalSearGolid Cyperpunk Cowboy

Aug 29, 2013
    Michigan, USA
    Slobake is Jason Statham. Or Liam Neeson. WHO ARE YOU??

15. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much

Jul 2, 2011
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Burgled.

Or if you (and by you, I mean America in general) want to make up a new and overly-long word, I suggest burglarizationalised. :)

16. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA

Scary stuff.

I'd also add that it depends how hot she is.

17. GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe

Mar 11, 2013
    Kent, United Kingdom
    They misunderestimated you!

18. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Only if she's got critically low self esteem and daddy issues and no money at all.

19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Well, my gf lived in Brea before she met me. She started staying at my place a lot in West Covina, near the Baldwin Park border.
    We moved in together in a house in Pomona...

20. gttim

gttim

Dec 12, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    GF bought a house in the hood about 10 years ago. I started dating her about 2 1/2 years ago. Hardly any gun play anymore. Houses are increasing in value. They just got moved into a new, better, school district. More increases in value. GF is smart!

She has close relationships with all her neighbors, has a pitbull shepard mix that would rip your throat out, has a small dog that alerts the large dog to anybody/dog/cat/squirrel within 50 yards of the house, and has a few fencing foils from her days as an elite fencer. I worry more for the burglars than for her.