1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would you do this trade?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman700, Oct 20, 2013.

1. bassman700

bassman700

Nov 6, 2011
    So recently I put an ad on CL selling my midnight wine fender jazz bass MIM. I said i'd include a hardshell case. I got a trade offer for a spector legend 4 in orange flame. The guy said he'd throw in some leather strap and a monster cable. I'm really unfamiliar with spectors, I've actually never played one. What would you guys do?

2. Look up the MSRP of the spector, cut it in half (depending on condition. This is general.), and if it's worth more than what you're asking for the Fender then trade. I'd go check it out first, though.

3. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    If your looking for a new sound I'd make the trade. I think the value is pretty similar.

4. bassman700

bassman700

Nov 6, 2011
    Would I be able to get a good jazz tone from the spector?

5. a_ribbon

a_ribbon

Apr 10, 2008
    if you want a jazz tone why are you wanting to trade your jazz? :confused:

6. bassman700

bassman700

Nov 6, 2011
    Well, initially I was gonna try and get rid of the mim and get an american deluxe, but i said I'm open to trades in the ad, and now i'm starting to feel this spector haha.

7. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    Check some YouTube vids but I don't think the spector is gonna give you as jazzy a sound as a jazz. Maybe a good sound for really modern progressive jazz but probably not something old school and passive sounding.

8. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Those MIM Jazzes are good basses. Have you considered new strings and even new pickups. How about your rig?

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    If you are looking for a jazz tone honestly I wouldn't go Legend. I owned one. The fit and finish we're great but I found the pickups pretty one dimensional.

10. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    +1... actually, I agree with everything except Bio's post on this thread...

- georgestrings

11. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    I own 3 Spectors a Euro 4 LX and Euro ReBop as well as several MIA Fenders. The Spectors are nice basses. One problem you might have is that if you ever decide to get rid of the Spector it might take longer to sell it because people are not as familiar with them as they are brands like Fender, Musicman, Ibanez.