Would you like fat with that?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    I'm having a hard time believing that they didn't already know the ungodly levels of crap that's in there.
  2. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    So now it's 100% trans fat instead of 67%? Wow!

3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Anyone eating them knows they arent good for you. 6, 8, whats the difference.
  4. I had McDonald's for lunch today:rollno:
  5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    this thread title reminded me that the moe's nearest to me has as its most expensive menue item... a cup of fat? :confused:

i haven't gotten around to asking if that's some sort of joke.
  6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I ate once in McDonalds, never went back.
  7. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Oh well, let the fat slide down. McD's fries rule.

8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I wish I had some large fries and a Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese only...
  9. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    This is why I stopped eating there a long time ago. I don't want to die in my 30s. It's probably been a couple of years since I ate any trans fats.
  10. But they still taste damn good.

Rock on
  11. Anyone else here love the movie "Super Size Me"??? I absolutely love that movie, with a great passion. Especially on Day 3 ( I think it was) Very informative, and I hope it opened up some peoples eyes, I know it did mine. I try to limit my fast food intake, and being broke definately helps!!!!

12. I don't love it. While I understand the point, the premise is somewhat ridiculous. You could replace McDonald's with any number of other foods/restaurants and achieve the same results.
  13. this just in: deep fried fast food is bad for you...

err.. lol

we dont need anybody tell us that anything deep fried in gallons of greese every day is bad for us
  14. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    only with a diet coke?
  15. His "crusade" wasn't against McDonalds soley.. he was proving a point about the fast food industry in general, and McyDees just so happened to be his example. The same obviously goes for Wendys and Burger King, as well as Taco Bell, KFC, and other chains.

16. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Less than a decade ago trans fat was hailed as the most healthy type of fat. It was also said that a high fat diet would lead to cancer. Eating a high fiber diet was believed to prevent colon cancer. These notions have all been "proven" to be false and baseless claims. I believe that we should all make our own judgements and not assume that what we are being told is true.
  17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

yeah, health science definitely seems to be rather finicky.

i'll use that as an excuse as to why i don't pay much attention to it. that and nachos taste so good. :cool:
  18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Blah blah blah... fast food is unhealthy yada yada

no one makes you eat it, so hush up and go eat your organic mac and cheese.
  19. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

...and to our friends across the pond over there in Europa: My big sister lived in Paris for a couple of years, and then she moved to Den Hague, and lived there for 12 more. I visted her on three different occasions during that spell. I discovered that folks in Holland, Paris and Belgium, who eat 'French-fried' potatoes (usually MacDonald's...) enjoy them with mayonaise! American visitors have to specifically ask for ketchup... if they have any... however, it's been 10 years since I've had the pleasure of cruising around Europe, so dietary preferences most certainly could've changed. Wife and I plan on a European vacation in '08. We'll probably stop into a Mickey D's somewhere for a coke and some fries... with mayonaise... :D