1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would you like to add to my Setlist?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by NOAH_FX, Sep 21, 2010.

1. NOAH_FX

NOAH_FX

Aug 12, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    So we drafted up our first set list as a band (Applause) This came about in probably the most awkward fashion ever... But regardless it's finally done and we have a basis to start learning tunes.

Quick little back story, our singer left our band around a month ago and just recently returned. We had a difference of opinion when it came to the genres we were playing he wanted to play more Popular music, we were going in a more (play what we want to hear) direction. So being the one with the least experience, originally i didn't want to take control.. But once i did, it seems to be working we'll I called a band meeting, and had everyone bring a list of tunes. Afterwards, we felt we had a good diverse mix of music, but our singer still thinks we should add a few other tunes that are more Popular/danceable

I do tend to agree, so we left room on the list for a couple more, but im not sure what to be honest.. He wanted to add The Thunder Rolls.. But the rest of the band.. Kinda shooed' it off. What do you guys think? lay some of your infinite wisdom up this poor sheltered soul.

:p
    SETLIST:

Sinkfist - Tool
    Judith - A Perfect Circle
    Self Esteem - The offspring
    Machinehead - Bush
    Whiskey in the jar - Metallica
    Everlong - Foo Fighters
    With Teeth - Nine Inch Nails
    All Hell for a Basement - Big Sugar
    Basketcase - Greenday
    Scream - The misfists
    Hashpipe - Wheezer
    I want to be sedated - The ramones
    Bullet with Butterfly wings - Pumpkins
    Re Education through Education - Rise against
    Ring of Fire - Social Distortion
    Kill all the Whiteman - NOFX
    Bro Hymn - Pennywise

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    How about "Starz" by Hum ? And what, no Alice in Chains ? Just trying to stick with your genre

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021