1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would you pay $300 for an SX Jazz 5???

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joe Nerve, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Wanted to put a feeler out for this one...

I know all about SXs (owned more than 1), and know I wouldn't pay $300 for an SX, but here's the deal:

It's my naked lady jazz which a handful of people here have seen. Took me a while to cover the whole thing, it's got at least $200 worth of very maticulously chosen magazine girls on it :) (mostly from playboy and perfect 10), and it's got around 15 coats of polyeurathane. On top of that I hand picked the SX at rondo, played a bunch, and picked the best of the batch. It's completely stock, but has a great neck and great action. Although it's rated "R" I don't think it's right for me to post pics here. If ya wanna see it though you can type in my old bands website www.thenerve.info and then add a slash and joesjazzbass.

The pics were taken shortly after it's completion and while it looks a bit wrinkly I assure that in real life it's much smoother and the finish is solid. The pics arent coming off.

$300 + shipping, which I think is fair considering the work that went into it. If you disagree then curse me out and bump this for me. :) thanks.

2. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    A "teen butt" sticker? LMAO

Free bump!

3. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    x2

lmao another free bump

4. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    niiice...

5. 69limeRev

69limeRev Supporting Member

May 1, 2007
    Western Pa.
    That's just beautiful (dabbing a tear from my eye)...I see a Tricia Helfer bass in my near future.

6. When make the comments about a nice piece of ash, we're usually talking about the wood....(There's a risque joke somewhere in there....)

Good luck with the sale - don't think any Gospel players will be picking this up, though.....

7. Evan Ciambrone

Evan Ciambrone

Nov 22, 2006
    I just got to inquire on how you did that, i've always wanted to do a tribute bass, not to my favorite "stars" but to bass players, vic and steve, geddy marcus michael manring blah blah blah, flea. are those a bunch of stickers or what?

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Isn't she the girl from Smallville that Howard Stern made cry because he was asking her about all these nude parties she likes to throw? That was so funny! What a baby!

9. steve21

steve21 Banned

I like the placing of the "teen butt"

Dirty.

10. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    No, she's a cylon.

numbersix.

11. what a beast!