1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would you rather..........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 2, 2015.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Live forever or die in the next 5 minutes?

2. fendermademygibson

fendermademygibson

Jan 28, 2015
    At what rate am I aging?

3. fendermademygibson

fendermademygibson

Jan 28, 2015
    The question as presented is a bit of a paradox. I don't think I want either however one is inevitable.

4. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    writing another dissertation, are we MM?

I'd rather live forever. That way I could actually visit the stars like I've always wanted and not have to worry about the whole dying of old age before I get there thing. Hell, I could walk to Alpha Centuari if I wanted to.

5. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

I choose the Kobayashi Maru test. If you know what that is you qualify as a genuine bass playing geek. :)
    And yes of course I would cheat on the test.

6. fendermademygibson

fendermademygibson

Jan 28, 2015
    Not sure about walking, I'd rather ride a wave of sound. I suppose it could be a walking bass line. If I go the mortal route than I will have my remains launched into the unknown.

7. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    Dunno if you missed the memo, but there's no sound in space, bud. Nothing to walk on either, but I can at least kick my feet for a few million years while at a constant escape velocity.

8. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    Depends.....if I say forever, can I do it without having to read threads like this????? :rolleyes:

INTP and Bob_Ross like this.
  9. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    Jesus, man, you gotta build up to something like that.

Probably the latter.

10. fendermademygibson

fendermademygibson

Jan 28, 2015
    Fair enough but don't take it quite so literal.

11. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Depends entirely on what every lasting life entails. Will I be in my 31 year old body forever or will I continually age until I rot, but not die? If I stay 31, are there any super powers involved? Can I survive the inevitable expansion and then implosion of the sun? Can I survive the vacuum of space? Can I fly through it? Without those powers, immortality will eventually get either boring or painful and I choose death in five minutes.

Immortality in my current body if I can kill myself when I decide I've had enough would be a-okay with me. A few thousand years would be nice.

Winfred likes this.
  12. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Spending century after century wondering if this is the year we get it right, or did we find a habitable planet for when the sun makes it's curtain call. Did the super volcano erupt? Nah. Forever sounds like a lot of hooey to me man. Gimme 5 to talk to my kids and I'm solid.

13. fendermademygibson

fendermademygibson

Jan 28, 2015
    ...yeah I got the memo. We're putting cover sheets on the TPS reports.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    -Asdfgh- and Winfred like this.
  14. I guess I have 5 more minutes to post ...

15. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I'll take live forever. I don't want to die in the next 5 minutes. I'd like to see my son grow up...

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Live forever please.

-Mike

17. Forever???? Sheesh , just the thought of another 62 years gives me the willies. Croak me in five.

Jim Nazium likes this.
  18. Do I have regenerative abilities ala Wolverine if I choose immortality? If so I choose to live forever. If not, at least let me light a cigarette before you start the timer.

19. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    It all depends on where I'd be living....and as per TB rules, that's all I have to say about that.

20. fendermademygibson

fendermademygibson

Jan 28, 2015
    If you have composed and/or recorded any of the music in the archives of history than you will live forever.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021