Would you trade an 81 G&L L-2000 for a stock fender P bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chief ten beers, Mar 5, 2005.

1. chief ten beers

chief ten beers

Jan 4, 2005
    I'm faced with this dilema.For me personally I only need one sound for bass ,I guess you could call it pure thump.I 've got an 1981 L-2000 e series which seems to be a great playing and in demand bass,but I don't need all those sounds.Being a more tradtional player i think all i need is a P bass and i have the oppotunity to do an even swap.would you do it?would I live to regret parting with this rapidily increasing in value L2k? :confused:
  2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I'd keep it if it makes the sound you need... having all the other sounds available it just icing on the cake. Why trade something you love for an unknown commodity you may not even like?
  3. chief ten beers

chief ten beers

Jan 4, 2005
    Well I've played the other bass a number of times,I really only need that one sound.I'm a guitar player that is learning bass,i think a real fender p bass might be what i need.But i am hesitant on trading this one away.
  4. Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Unless you like something else better about the P... Id stick with the G&L... no need to give up the versitility ...
  5. nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    personally id keep the bass and save up for a fender, theyre not that much anyways, and the bass you have now will always be a good one to have.