Would you trade? EBS210 for Aguilar 112 or EA Wizzy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, May 15, 2004.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I´ve got a nice mint EBS 210 thats not even a year old. I´m not sure it´s got my sound. It´s a little to shy in the lows and can sound a bit too middy sometimes. I play a Epi Casady 4-string and was thinking an Aguilar GS112 might suit me better. Would the 112 be as loud? I dont play metal ;) more like Springsteen´s sound. I can only afford one 112 right now as it would be an even trade (I think). And I got the EBS at a superb price new (less than half retail).
    Would you do it? Or would you trade for an EA Wizzy cab?
    Ive got a big stereo poweramp so ohm´s and powerhungry cabs is not a problem.

2. I doubt that the Wizzy or the Aguilar GS112 would fit your needs. I played both of them. The Wizzy only has 200 Watts and is IMO underpowered, naturally, depending on what amp you are using. The Aguilar is a good cab, but I would definitely go with a stronger 1x12 cab, i.e. the CXL112, the Epifani or Bergantino 112.

hope that helps

Jorg

3. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    I used to own a GS112 and just got a wizzy a couple days ago. If you want big bottom and less mids the GS112 would probably suit your needs better. For me the GS112 was too scooped in the mids - it had trouble cutting through a dense mix. Still a very sweet sound though.

The wizzy is a great portable cab. It would be hard to find a louder cab of this size. It has a nice balanced sound. Not as much in the very low end as the GS112 but it is much punchier and has a nice meaty sound to it. It also won't handle as much power as the aggie so if you plan on using a lot of watts thats something to consider.

4. 8_finger

8_finger

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    You should keep the EBS 210, and start saving up for 112 cab, or if you have the chance borrow any of cabs for a rehearsal or a gig before you make the exchange. EBS 210 isn't the greatest single cab out there, but if you give it enough power it delivers the goods.