Would you trade? EBS210 for Aguilar 112 or EA Wizzy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, May 15, 2004.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I´ve got a nice mint EBS 210 thats not even a year old. I´m not sure it´s got my sound. It´s a little to shy in the lows and can sound a bit too middy sometimes. I play a Epi Casady 4-string and was thinking an Aguilar GS112 might suit me better. Would the 112 be as loud? I dont play metal ;) more like Springsteen´s sound. I can only afford one 112 right now as it would be an even trade (I think). And I got the EBS at a superb price new (less than half retail).
    Would you do it? Or would you trade for an EA Wizzy cab?
    Ive got a big stereo poweramp so ohm´s and powerhungry cabs is not a problem.
  2. I doubt that the Wizzy or the Aguilar GS112 would fit your needs. I played both of them. The Wizzy only has 200 Watts and is IMO underpowered, naturally, depending on what amp you are using. The Aguilar is a good cab, but I would definitely go with a stronger 1x12 cab, i.e. the CXL112, the Epifani or Bergantino 112.

hope that helps

3. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I used to own a GS112 and just got a wizzy a couple days ago. If you want big bottom and less mids the GS112 would probably suit your needs better. For me the GS112 was too scooped in the mids - it had trouble cutting through a dense mix. Still a very sweet sound though.

The wizzy is a great portable cab. It would be hard to find a louder cab of this size. It has a nice balanced sound. Not as much in the very low end as the GS112 but it is much punchier and has a nice meaty sound to it. It also won't handle as much power as the aggie so if you plan on using a lot of watts thats something to consider.
  4. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    You should keep the EBS 210, and start saving up for 112 cab, or if you have the chance borrow any of cabs for a rehearsal or a gig before you make the exchange. EBS 210 isn't the greatest single cab out there, but if you give it enough power it delivers the goods.