Would you us a pod XT as part of your pedalboard with a looper ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by subaudio, Aug 25, 2005.

1. :confused: Hi all

I'm putting a pedal board together which so far consists of a sabdi and EBS comp, chorus, oct, iq, and verb plus a Boss rc20xl. I rehearse with a jazz funk rock band at the moment and am also trying to put together a low key bass solo project just for the fun of it, I want a lot of pro quality sounds available, I love the subtle EBS sounds but want more options, any ideas or am I over compensating for not gigging or just being cheap?
  2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    If it were a little cheaper, I'd probably be all over it. I just read this latest month's Bass Player mag (with Stefan Lessard on the front!!!) and they gave it a really good review. I'd do a search for it, as there's been lots of talk about the Bass POD LiveXT (which I think is what you're referring to- the floor model) and the Boss GT-6B.

But for being nearly half the cost of an Eventide GTR-7000, I'm savin' my money!!! ;) :bassist:
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I wouldn't hesitate to use it on the floor with a loooper "IF" it had a sound that I couldn't get otherwise. I do that now with a little Korg Pandora, just for one flange sound I tweaked out of it and love. Sitting in the chain of a loooper, it stays out of the way until called upon, and that's the only reason I even considered it in the first place.
  4. Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    There is a crossover in the Line6 PODxt's that allow you to send a low signal either through the DI Ouput or Mix it back in with the effected signal thru the model ouput. And you can set a very generous slope to the crossover so that you almost have two identical signals (one effected one clean). So the looper is kinda unnessecary.
  5. StringThing

Dec 6, 2007
    San Diego
    I run the xt into a loop station. it allows you to throw down your bass line, switch to another patch and double it, octave it or harmonize, swith again and add some percussive elements, swith to a synth and use the volume to swell in some sweetness, then jump the your "jaco" pacth and jump on the wah. And stop and drink a beer or run to the bathroom in the middle of it all!!! :hyper:

Not for the faint of heart, but it is the best use of the pod XT live. Otherwise I had cool patches and ideas but was stuck doing my job with pretty much 1 or 2 modeled and safe patches. Now I can really dig into a reserve of harmony and melody and percussion.
  6. ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    StringThing practicing his necromancy, i see.