Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Would you use.....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Apr 26, 2005.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I will be soon (within the next 3 months) be getting a line 6 fm4, as I currently have a Dod FX25b I'm wondering whether it is worth keeping like does it do anything the Line 6 doesn't. I've kinda been using it for dub but its not a massive sound I'm keen on but never know where it might come in handy, but if this sound exists on the FM4 I might as well get rid.

I have also been tempted buy the guyatone Bottom Wah Rocker and the MXR M-188 would either of these again be of any use if you already had a Line 6 FM4?

Can anyone suggest a filter pedal that the FM4 does not come close to replicating in way at all.

Thanks for the responses in advanced guys

Cheers

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'm not enamoured with the fx25b at all, perfectly functional but IMO doesn't have the mojo of the fx25.
    If you know you're going to definitely be getting the FM4, why not get that and live with it for a bit and then work out what else you need/want.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Because me getting things in the future would annoy you even more when you send them to me. :eyebrow:

BTW gonna ask my Dad to pick up the fm4 hopefully next time he's in the states, unless I'm there before him.

Cheers Dave