1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Would you visit a cuddle cafe?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SBsoundguy, Nov 5, 2012.

1. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Japan now has two of these establishments where you can lay platonically on a bed with a woman. It's like paying to be friend-zoned.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-visitors-can-sleep-platonically-with-a-woman

2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    I don't understand men paying for sex, this makes even less sense. But it's in Japan, sense is optional.

3. Like I keep mentioning, it's another small piece of evidence that social skills are crumbling. Soon we'll all be back to living in caves, just as we belong....

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    WTH? LMAO! Is this some sort of reaction to women's lib in Japan or something?

Are people this starved for just some sort of personal connection that they'll pay for this?

5. Ohhhh this was the funniest thing I've read in many moons. I'd rather light my cash on fire than spend it this way.

6. Thanks to Japan for providing 78% of the worlds weirdest crap since 1950.

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    How much for the "Spooning" Special?

8. dude, facebook/myspace/smartphones/whatever other social network has ****ed up all good sense of attractive social skills/mannerisms over the last decade. And you know how Japan/China are. Whatever they see, it's like they practically absorb and praise it, they don't really think about everything as logistically as we do.

That and the sheer numbers of people........

9. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Dude, do you ever have anything positive to say on TB...ever? :D I'm just messin' with you...kinda. You're like the most glass half-empty guys I've ever come across.

10. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Pretty sure his glass has water in the red, -250mL in it or so. :ninja:

11. Demonjrx

Demonjrx

May 30, 2012
    United States
    You know at first I was going to say "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" then I read your post... Why in the world would I pay to cuddle with a girl? I can do that for free.. I mean hell I could invite one of my co workers or class mates over and watch some sappy movie while we cuddle.
    I guess I don't understand things sometimes... I'm not very observant :S

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

ROTFLMAO!! :D

13. oh come now, I said that people shouldn't do drugs on the suicide thread, that's kind of positive, isn't it?

I'm not really as negative as I am just sick of seeing how stupid and pathetic my world looks in almost every facet of life. From everything to seeing "cuddle cafe" articles (oh, we have one in NY...the cuddlery or some **** like that?) to noting that a lot of music of today may as well be beat out by the latest song done by the free credit score band, I'm just seeing a decline.

I think sociologically we're being dumbed down is all. And I may be vlogging about it, but that doesn't keep me from going on to forums noticing things wrong.

There are the unaffected who see things as perfect, and the affected who seem to see all the problems. I'm somewhere in between.

14. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    But you should channel that energy into a great career in standup comedy, done in the cynical style of Lewis Black or George Carlin. :D

15. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Or become a vigilante taxi driver.

16. they're good at what they do. Ironically I am making my way through napalm and silly putty.

I seem to think the more aware people are of terms like McDonaldization that the more people will want to break up the issue at hand.

Then again I'm just a fool who watches and makes social commentary videos on youtube.....

17. Funny how Taxi Driver seems to have become more patronized than it was learned from

[​IMG]

18. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I personally love the movie. I commend Travis for what he did.

19. Rampage was a pretty interesting movie as well....

20. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Taking into account that Japanese culture is quite different from ours, I get the draw for them. But from an American point-of-view, you are absolutely right! :D