wouldnt you like to know if something wasnt going to ship?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, May 9, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    like, if you ordered something, and the print out says. "your order will be processed in three business days". and they dont contact you at all saying an item is on a back order, or not coming in.

so, i'm waiting a week now for my hipshot tuner, and i figure, ok, 3 days from when i ordered it, from ny to nj, should be here today or tomorrow.

so i call the company,and i get..."oh, we dont have all the parts in stock to make it, so it's going to be another week or two."

you dont think to email your customers telling them that itll be on back order and that it isnt going to ship out.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    - quite a few companies stop caring very much abot you after you pay. It's lame.
  3. Agreed. It's happening at the moment with me trying desperately to get Silver rain. Took me 2 emails to find out what's actually happening
  4. - and don't give them any repeat business if it's that big a deal to you. Many companies, Stew-Mac for instance, email when stuff goes out; although I've never had anything back-ordered there I assume they would inform me if that were the case.
  5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Shawn's experience is standard operating procedure for Musicians Fiend.