1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wounded Paw Super Blender

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassthunder100, May 8, 2010.

1. I do not understand the feedback function in the pedal?

is this an optional thing to have on, like if i didn't want to use it i could just turn it off?

i want to use channel A as just clean by turning the volume of A right off and just using the blend knob, so bassically the A switch will for me just function as turning on and off the pedal, although i may put an octave pedal in channel A but still use it as the clean channel primarily. Channel B with distortion and fuzz boxes as well as prehaps octave and then channel C i was going to place my korg G5 bass synth and maybe some additional synth/envelope filter based pedals.
    I was going to use the blend control knob to mainly control the wet and dry mix between the distortion channel and my clean signal because i will be using that channel the most. The Korg has its own blend function but is not true bypass and when you turn the output/input up on it, it peaks very easily but i will use the volume control of channel C to mix it with whatever level i have the clean blend corresponding to channel A.
    Besides all this. The layout of Channel A, B and C looks like it will give me ultimate control. My idea was as well as switching on the individual channels il be able to turn them on both at the same time by just hitting A to turn it on while B and C are already on .

I hope that makes some sense, it's sometiems difficult to describe my ideas, but this pedal seems to suit my overall needs being a key ingridient.
    I just wanted an opinion on what iv'e just told you regarding the super blender, as well as an awnser to my origional question haha, about the feedback function.

Thanks
    Mike :bassist:

2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Search youtube for feedback pedals and you'll see what noise feedback creates when you plug distortion and delay pedals into feedback loops.

3. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    I don't own a Super Blender, but someone on this board does. And one or two others have ordered them.

Here's what I do know about it though:

1 Yes, you can turn the feedback feature off. I think there's a footswitch for it, but I'm not sure. There is a knob for it though. So you don't HAVE to use it.

2 This unit really is a MIXER - more than a blender in the sense that you don't have to subtract part of one channel when you add some of another. But this will increase the overall output level.

3 Apparently, if you want to run channel B and/or C but not A, you have to leave A empty or turn its volume down. To me this is a design flaw because it kind of wastes a channel.

4 The clean signal has its own volume control, but not its own footswitch.

I don't know whether you can set up channels B and C on "standby", as you describe. That's something to look into. Also, I just skimmed over your routing for your G5, and so on. But the Super Blender definitely has a number of practical applications, which are worth exploring.

TB member JazzAd has one on order. I'm waiting for his review.

4. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    bassthunder100,

I reread your post. I'm pretty sure the Super Blender will do everything you describe. If I were to get one, I would be using channel A in a similar way.

OR you could email WP about a custom design. They definitely do that, but I don't know to what degree or price.

I would like to get one with: 1) master volume, 2) separate on/off switch for ch A, 3) no feedback circuit. Making one of these would probably require a bigger enclosure. I don't know if WP would build one. I'm not ready to buy yet, so haven't bothered to inquire.

The feedback circuit is for whacked out sounds. It can be turned off if you don't want to use it.

5. I think i'm going to get one. It seems liek it will suit my needs

6. i'm just wondering if you can have channel C and B on while the pedal is bypassed so that when you hit the A switch those two channels will be activated at the same time.
    Otherwise it seems like it will suit me perfectley

7. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    Yeah, I got that that's what you meant. It makes sense that it would work that way, but I don't know for sure.