Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wow, 2 of my tarantula's moulted today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Dec 20, 2002.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    yo, on average a tarantula (6 onths old one) moutls anout 3 times a year, and by some strange chance, 2 of ours moulted on the same day (today).

Ill try n take pics, the best thing is one's just got its colour, so ratehr than being a ear wax yellow, its a rich deep blue with crimson red hairs on its abdomen (bulb like bum area ;) )

Over and out ;)

2. Spiders are the devil incarnated on earth.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't like spiders. they are not from earth.

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    WOW..... I love arachnids....... try to post some pics... please

5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    :eek: ...

...they're interesting, did you know their legs work in a similar way to hydraulics on a jcb digger for example? :p

Between me and my bro, we have 5 and a baby scorpion, ranging from a browny-pink chilean tose (shes pregnant), to a neon blue one! ill get pics and share em with you guys :)

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    heres a pic of the blue 'un, sorry its at a dodgy angle (my bro thinks its ill, so wont take the lid off)

its called Defiler, after our.....band name dont hate me merlin

7. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    this ones called 'raoch', its about 4cm diameter.

8. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Another this one moulted today, named bruce (lindfield ;), i jest! )

9. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    this ones called Taco (when its older its back end goes bright red, and its from mexico), it also moulted today.

10. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Heres Harriot, had her about 9 years, shes pregnant

11. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    And the baby scorpion, Vader (after the band).

Sorry for all the posts, and sorry if you dont aggree with keeping them as pets. However, i'd like to state that they were all captive bred, and are looked after excellently, as pets, not as part of a collection :D

12. That's so cool. I used to have some pet tarantulas as a kid, and maybe I'll own some more someday.

13. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Hey nice pets... I study Biology and this semester I´m taking "Invertebrate Biology", if you want to know something about arachnids or another animals just ring a bell.....:D

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    tarantulas are cool... ;) one _really_ cool thing about scorpions is that their exoskeletons glow under black light...really weird looking

15. My friend had a tarantuala that he used to carry it around on his arm. He'd leave it there for a could of hours and it would knit a web on his shoulder. It was nice, but sometimes it could get really vicious.

He also had a Vietnamese Pit Centipede or something, HUGE bugger, looked about a foot wide and as thick as a quarter inch instrument cable. It tore crickets and mice to shreds....*shuddeR*

16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    this may be REALLY REALLY dumb....but i have noe clue what "moulting" means....:(

bp13

17. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I am glad for you to have spiders and scorpions as pets... you can have them all! I have declared a holy war against spiders, and I am in the process of killing them off.... I am atleast going to try! ;) I have been bit three times by the little _______! So i am only getting some payback...

P@

18. Wow! That is cool! My grandmother does the same thin....Uh, I mean, cool. Yeah.:oops:

19. KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT

20. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Awesome! I wonder how may cool colors come out of em when you stomp on them? Please post pics of that! I'd also like to declare a jihad on all snakes of the world, I hate em.