1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WOW! A 12 inch speaker that's 16.5 pounds. Anyone heard of this Business?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by magic8161, Mar 26, 2020.

1. magic8161

magic8161 Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    D.A.R.K., lowendrachel and wintremute like this.
  2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Reads a lot like spam or phishing...

Definitely not clicking that link.

3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    It’s legit. Should be in Amps and Cabs though…

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    TonyP-, nbsipics, DJ Bebop and 2 others like this.
  5. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    I cant believe how light weight they are. Wonder how they sound. Plus they have a Elf type head thsts 350 watts!! Very curious.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  6. stuntbass77

stuntbass77

Nov 6, 2007
    These days I’m all about saving weight, which is funny because I purchased years ago 4 eminence 10” kappa pro speakers and the magnets are almost as large as the speak ( and talk about heavy )! I put them in an svt 4 @10” + 1 15”, weighed around 200 lbs. Even with wheels it was ridiculous !

TN WOODMAN, DJ Bebop and magic8161 like this.
  7. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    The cabs and whichever amp was in use the various times I walked by their booth sounded good, but NAMM is often a very tough place to judge that.

8. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee

9. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  10. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Benko, TonyP- and magic8161 like this.
  11. Inara

Inara Fierce Fun Fretless Female Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Seattle, WA USA
    I've played through some of their gear at The Bass Shop here in Seattle, which is a dealer. I've also heard a few others trying them out while I've been there. I like them, but haven't had the time to really get to know them. One thing I do know though: Chad (Bass Shop owner) wouldn't be a dealer if it wasn't high quality gear.

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    maxl, Lownote38, BIGEJ2 and 2 others like this.
  13. Papuzzo

Papuzzo

Dec 11, 2017
    Milan, Italy
    GRBass is more than legit. A few months back I heard a player at a show going through a GR rig consisting of a 212 and a 350W head and the master was at a little under 11 o'clock. And their drummer was loud! More than the loudness, the sound was very present, dynamic and powerful, and it sounded unrestrained, like it was coming from a lot larger rig. I was very impressed and am seriously gassing for that same rig now.

TN WOODMAN and Lownote38 like this.
  14. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

crazy ! How do they sound ?

15. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Nolanville, TX
    Papuzzo's description matches how I feel about my cabinet. (GR 208) My little cabinet not only keeps up with my drummer, it does so while sounding big, open and responsive. (Well, not at the moment, so "kept up"?)

I guess I'm a sucker for 8" speakers because I've spent $$ going through previous offerings - Schroeder, MAS and Trace, and I like the GR 208 the best. I'd be very curious to try the new Aerotech 212.

So yes, OP, I've heard of them. :D

mb94952 likes this.
  16. Papuzzo

Papuzzo

Dec 11, 2017
    Milan, Italy
    Word on the streets here in Italy is that they are pretty neutral sounding amps and cabs. The idea behind GRBass seems to be "the sound of my bass, only louder." IOW, it tries to get as close to the "direct" sound as possible. Of course that is impossible, but that is the goal. I am interested in the One 350 head because it also includes a switch to completely bypass the entire EQ section, rendering it pretty much a power amp. At that point you have a really clean slate with which to use various preamps or multieffects with amp sims, and not have to worry about EQing out the baked in sound of the rig. Cool stuff! Combine that with a fairly neutral sounding cab that has some serious balls behind it and it becomes a very versatile rig.

TN WOODMAN likes this.
  17. Basically Bob

Basically Bob Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    lowendrachel and Moosehead1966 like this.
  18. yonkrz

yonkrz

Oct 19, 2013
    SW MINN.
    Andy’s world of bass on you tube

19. ???