Wow - can this CL ad be real?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by tbirdsp, Apr 26, 2014.

1. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    :rollno:

Lincoln, NE CL ad:

Bass Player "Available" (Kansas)

I can play a bass! I am not a wanna be or a try to be, I am a musicians (Bass Player)
    I have my own gear/equipment and transportation and I don't fk around, I take it serious !!!!
    Style: R&R, R&B, Blues, 70s/80s Rock, Red Dirt, Country Rock, Country, Variety, Latin/Salsa, Etc!!!!
    I don't perform with bands on stage for free. If I am asked to do a free (no pay) venue, with all due respect; I might as well work part time at burger king and play for my dog at home....
    Bottom Line: I play for paid performances, I've done this for years and never complain unless there is wrong doing or if it does not seem right, I just peacefully back out. Please do not waist my time with bs CD promotions or no-pay-venues. If you need me you contact me and we negotiate.... I'm all business and that's all it is!!!!

2. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    LOL people can wrote ad anyway they like right?

3. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Sounds like an experienced, if frustrated and jaded, pro looking for a pro gig.

Other experienced, if frustrated and jaded, pros will zero in on it, and that's who he's looking for.

Might as well value the clarity.

4. spz8

spz8

Jan 19, 2009
    Glen Cove, NY
    Agreed. It's just that the spelling and grammar make him sound like a kook.

5. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I've seen much, much, much, much, much, much worse.

Kustom_Thunder likes this.
  6. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

Like post #1 in this thread ?

:)

7. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Experienced pros don't need to post CL ads; they have connections already. Experienced wannabes do that. ;)

8. Ironbar

Ironbar Inactive

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    How does one waist time?

Kustom_Thunder and moshspeggeti like this.
  9. carvnbass

carvnbass

May 2, 2012
    Kansas
    I live near enough that I saw the same thing. Boggles the mind.

10. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    True, except when they've moved to a new place or the usuals aren't offering any gigs, perhaps 'cuz this person has an attitude.

11. Helaskold

Helaskold 100% Mediocre

Jul 22, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Not the worst I've ever seen... in fact, probably not the worst I've seen TODAY... seems like a jaded bass player who keeps getting his time "waisted" [sic]. We have all been there.

12. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Not only surly, but semi-literate. I wouldn't call him for any gig.

13. I live in KC, and I'm from Lincoln. I check ads for both regularly and missed this one. I'll play for you for half of whatever he's asking if you'll accept being my tertiary project. Sadly, I don't think I can handle Latin or Salsa... :)

tbirdsp likes this.
  14. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Oh, I would want a personality like that in my band. So I guess he wouldn't do any charitable gigs to help raise money, either.
    I can just picture him not complaining very loudly.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021