1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WOW! Car hits resteraunt

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by spudmaster34, Jul 19, 2007.

1. A bit before 1:00 today, I left panera bread. At about 1:45 I saw a ton of emergency vehicles around there. I just found out that about half an hour after I left, a car smashed through the front window, 9 people were sent to the hospital, 3 in critical condition last I heard. http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/475888,071907panera.article

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Sucks, I hope those 9 are ok. Dumb drivers.

In other news, Panera is opening a brand new drive-thru. :bag:

PS, glad you escaped that place before this hell...

3. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    So uh...what were you getting at Panera?

4. Glad to hear you weren't there when it happened!

Recently, I was at my local drug store and a section of the storefront was roped off where a car had smashed into the window. As far as I know, no one was hurt. But I found it odd that the woman in line next to me was feeling sorry for the driver. :confused: "Poor thing" she said.

5. I got a bagel and a Jones soda (green apple)

6. me too, I knew some people who were there, but I'm pretty sure they are ok, as I saw interviews from some of them in the news

7. Sometimes people don't drive through store windows deliberately.

8. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    common error. nobody's fault.

9. What, is that what happens in Adelaide?:D

I doubt it was deliberate but it sounds to me like the driver was negligent.