Wow, dem Warwick guys is really persistent

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Jul 12, 2001.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    This is kinda weird... I sent away for the Warwick catalog. Someday I'll be able to afford one (Jazzman FNA... oo yeah...), but for now I'm having fun lookin at all dem purty pictures. They send out a very nice catalog, at the right price, too.

So I figured I would head out to the ol Guitar Center, and test one out. (Cause if you do and have the dealer sign it, you get a Warwick t-shirt for only $5.) Here's the odd thing... before I even tell anyone I'm going, I get a message on my answering machine from Guitar Center saying they heard I was shopping around for a Warwick bass, and left the number I could call if I had any questions. I guess it's nothing new that my phone number gets swapped by ad agencies left and right... it just seems too Big Brotherish... they're all in cahoots...
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, the warwick dealer probably thought that he was doing you a favor, helping you out.

sales are like that, you know.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Woah, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I think it's really cool of them, it just caught me off guard a little bit. That's all.
  4. LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    I had the same experience. I do think the Dana B. Goods was just trying to help out, they've always been super-responsive when I had any questions.

I ended up buying a couple Warwicks... but not from GC!
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That would annoy me!!!! If I wanna buy a Warwick, I'll do it when I'm good & ready (which will probably be never:)). But that's just me.

If I called to order a pizza & 10 minutes later Carvel called because I was done w/dinner & might like a dessert & then the dentist called cause I was eating so much junk....

....kind of annoying. :D
  6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Then maybe contacting Warwick would be a "bad" idea ;)
  7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I have a Warwick but I got it used with no pressure. Sure when I walked in they asked, "Hey buddy can I help you?" But when I said I just want to look, I'll let you know, it was "Cool man, I'll over here doing inventory." I will continue to shop there just because they were cool.

(Guitar Villa Nazareth PA)

But let me tell you, in general, if a sales clerk "Jumps" me in a store, be it a music store, clothes store, or whatever, I can get pissed and I will walk out.

I'd prefer the "Good afternoon sir, I'm Beth and if you need anything I'll be right over there." approach.

Or when that annoying waiter when he ask "Is everything ok?" for the 7th time...

"No everything is not OK, I'm trying to freaking eat here and talk to my wife with whom I never get to spend any time and you won't stop bugging me. And what's with deliberately waiting until I have a mouth full of crab fries to ask me a question? Putz, just keep my freaking drink full and piss off. If I need you, I will look over towards you and snap my freaking fingers. If that doesn't work, the pepper shaker will come buzzing past you fat head."

Of course, don't do this until after you've received all your food or you'll rightly end up with the special "Cajun Lugy burger".
  8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses

9. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    that is kinda wierd...

but i agree about DBG, they're absolutely awesome folks. i've never had a better customer service experience than with them.

10. KumoriNeko

KumoriNeko Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    And of course when you accually need them, you can't find them.