Wow Fender

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by danqi, Apr 21, 2002.

1. danqi

May 21, 2001
    Wow, Did you ever try the Fender 7150M Pure Nickel Roundwounds? I would have probably never thought of buying them myself, but since I got them as a present I put them on yesterday. And I was really surprised! They sound awsome. They have a vey punchy attack, a nice growl, yet they also sound very "clear". And when slapped they sound crisp and still punchy, just how I like it.
    But keep mind that I have just put them on. I got no idea how they'll sound in a couple of weeks. Also, I have not too much experience with strings. Up to now I have only played the D'Addrio (sp?) XLs and the Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys as well as the factory strings of my Yamaha.
  2. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Not sure of the exact model, but the original strings on my Fender Precision that was sitting in the showroom for months before I bought it(which was a month ago) are still extremely bright. Seem really flexible too but maybe because they've been on the bass for several months now. Anyway, 'm thinking off switching to another brand because these are almost too bright!
  3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I love Fender Strings, particularly their Nickels.
  4. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Their stock nickels are surprisingly good, and cheap too.
  5. danqi

May 21, 2001
    Cool, I wouldn't have thought that anyone else likes Fender strings. They don't seem to be one of the popular brands.
  6. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I love Fender strings. There's a music store up where I live that sells these brand of strings called "Super Ducks". They sound just like a set of Fender nickels and the best part is a set for a 4 string can be had at 16 bucks and you can get a 5 string set for 20 bucks. :eek: :)
  7. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, and Fender is one of the few who actually makes PURE nickel strings, most of the others are plated.
  8. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I too like Fender strings on a P bass. And yup, they sound good through my little Fender bassman. I have to give Fender their props. They do some things very, very well.
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
  10. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I just GOTTA bump this. Is there a website for that store that sells the Super Ducks?
  11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i was looking for new strings for my fernandes tremor. i was going to buy a set of dean-markley, but i saw the fenders and said to my self hey why don't i try those. and wow i really like them.
    i change my string every month.
    well i really haven't keeped a bass that long to change strings more than once soo. i also like the carvin strings. try tham out. they are also major cheap(price) only $10 for a set of a 4 string. just ordered a set of them for the bass my dad built me.
  12. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    Remember that most Fender basses come stock with Super Bass 7250's, which are nickel-plated steel (NPS), whereas Original Bass 7150's are pure nickel, which have a different sound and feel.

Another company that makes pure nickel bass strings is D'Orazio: These are sold in the US by Vintage Bass (The Dudepit).
  13. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I don't think SD, but there might be. It's a music store in State College here called Rober M. Sides.

I'm sure if you search enough on the net you might be able to find something about the strings.

The packaging they come in reminds me alot of the packaging of Ernie Ball, which makes me wonder if they are somehow affiliated with Ernie Ball. :confused:
  14. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Or maybe they were called Dr. Ducks. :confused: I think they go by both names, but anyhoo, here's a website for ya SD
  15. tyson

Feb 9, 2000
    Dallas, TX
    i like the 7150M's on my Jazz and P-type. i think they're not as hard on frets or fretboard too. i got 3 sets for $40 at Guitar Center yesterday...
    i recently got a set of the Zon UltraSonic Nickel (Regular Gauge .045-.105) strings through MusiciansFriend for $11.50 + shipping but they're usually much more expensive.
    pure nickel all the way!
  16. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Have to agree,
    I LOVE the 8250's on my 'P', cheap too ........
  17. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I got fender nickel plated steels, and they are still goin' strong. well, except for that little breakage at the peg on the G.....but I fixed that.....anyway, they sound pretty good, and maybe I'll get them again some time, if I can't find anything that I like better. Maybe I'll try the pure nickels.
  18. lithium

lithium Guest

May 8, 2003
    fender all the way