WOW for schecter...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Mar 3, 2003.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    that's a nice bass!!!

2. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Yes indeed. Schecter does make some nice basses. Still, you don't hear too much about them. I guess that is because they have some stiff competion.
  3. Their custom shop has some crazy retro sweetness going for it. I love the way the Hellcat and Baron look.

I have heard very little about Schecters, but all I've heard has been very good.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a Model T Robert De Leo Model good basses just the duncan desighn really are not very good. I am going right now to mail a money to change the pick ups with bill lawrence pick ups. i wish their where more reviews on the Custom shop.
  5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Dont like the ones Ive played.
  6. me neither, but that pic is indeed nice looking.
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I didn't like the ones that I've played, but I played the model in the picture, and it wasn't a bad bass. I sounded better than some of the $1000+ basses in GC. Keep in mind, GC doesn't exactly set 'em up before they put on the 'em rack.
  8. WOW,

That *is* an awesome Schecter. Makes mine look all plain, and I still think mine is mighty pretty.

As it's been said many times, and will continue to be said, Schecter is a fairly average bass in a price range that has competition from many many basses that are as good of or better quality. However, I've had my Stilleto Elite for two years now and have played on it for hundreds of hours and many many gigs. It's been a great bass and I might just have a hard time parting with it when I finally "upgrade."