Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wow, guitar center has some killer deals today!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stupidnick, May 26, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Well.. I went to GC today and bought some stuff.
    I had 40 bucks and i walked out with 1 Wuhan China cymbal for a friend, they threw in one for free. So I got one too now, and might I add they are GREATTTT CYMBALS!!! WOW~! =). Its more of a splash/china. Its 12 inches.
    I had 30 dollars left, so I went to go check on drum heads, buy one get one free. I bought a 12 inch and got a 16 free and came back and bought a 13. =)
    For 40 bucks I got new heads for my toms and added a new cymbal! WOW!

I got a free t shirt too.

[​IMG]

2. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Yeah,

you got some great deals........

For a drummer!:D

Every so often...GC does something right.

3. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well..they had some great bass deals..

I saw a OLP stingray copy marked down to 112 bucks.. someone was buying it though!
    =)
    I like the guitar center in memphis, just about everyone that works there is super nice. They are helpful and most of the time they know what they are talking about. There is just this one guy in the drumming department, who acts like like a snooty terry bozzio wannabe. :D

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I really hate the guitar center vultures.

there are more GCs in So. cal than anywhere else, and I have yet to find one that has nice, knowledgable, staff, and ISN'T jam packed with people.

I've always had better luck at Sam Ash, when it comes to prices, and salesmen.

5. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Hey,

I don't know about that....Sam's A$$ has never done right by me.......Staff never knows anything...& are not willing to help/find out info for you. At least in N.Y. thats seems to be the way...

GC actually has training before someone starts working there( or at least did when I worked there) and meetings every week so all employee's know what's going on.

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I dunno WR,, the Sam @$# at Ontario mills has some of the most lackluster employees I've ever met, not to mention a horrible bass section. I've found that West Covina, Rancho Cucamonga and San Bernadino GC's have good gear selection along with a few knowledgable and friendly workers. PS, Pedulla Raptures are on sale for $1299 @ the Rancho store,, great shape but need new strings and lower action.

Of course,, Sam Ash in Hollywood DOES have Fodera,, that makes up for a few wrongs I guess. :D

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I went there this morning, but didn't see anything significant I couldn't live without. I bought a bunch of cords and cables I've been needing, and some Sennheiser drum mic mounts.

They had a $3,000 Deering Banjo for $1,000. Not bad. Ampeg SVT-II Pro for $1,125 ... is that good? Not much I was interested in. Maybe 3 Audix OM-2's for $79. Oh well.

8. You know what I hate about GC? Everytime I go there to buy strings I gotta freakin haggle with the sales guy. When I tell 'em what I've been paying they always give me that incredulous look, so I tell 'em to look it up on the computer (they keep track on what you've purchased), they do and only then do I get the price. What a hassle.
    Thats why I've been buying my srings at Carvin (I believe they are D'Addarios re packaged) They have 5 string sets (nickel or steel) for $12.95 and no hassle.
    Peace

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I wasn't going to brag about it, but I got:

An Ampeg SVT3 Pro for $300
    An Eden 1X15, also for $300
    A used trace Elliot head for $135 (marked down from $600)

I'm still ticked off I missed the Mike Lull that was going for $500. Whisked in front of my eyes...

I got so much good stuff I have to offset the expense by selling some stuff. Check my ad in the classifieds!

10. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    :( You lucky bastard :D

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    damn....$300 for an Ampeg SVT pro 3 :(...I spent 500 on mine.

12. Nameless Poet

Nameless Poet

Sep 4, 2002
    One of these is almost £1000 over here which is about 1,641$US (acording to some currency conversion site)