1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WOW i have rented some bad movies lately

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    epic movie
    texas chainsaw massacre the begining
    hannible rising

the tx chiansaw massacre.....wow...i turned it off after the in shape 20 something year old victim let the unarmed 65 year old bad guy make him do push ups.....instead of knocking his head off and saving his friends :mad:

there was also a part where another in shape 20 year old got all tough and told the old guy with a shotgun to "shoot me!"...he then put his head to the barrel....instead of grabbing the long easy gun to grab from the frail old man...he just sat there....:mad:

2. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    They sound aweful, but i though Hannibal rising was awesome!!! And im a HUGE Lector fan

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Hills Have Eyes - OMG. What the hell was that?

4. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    +1

5. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    it was ok because i knew the history....or the future...but if i would have watched it as just this movie.....so so

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I watched Mad Max for the first time this week. What a load of trash.

However, I watched Collateral that day too-and thats a brilliant film!

7. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i like it when he killed the jazz cat playing spanish key :)

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I love that bit...a nice bit of dialogue about Miles Davis...and Mingus gets name dropped! :D

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Love Mad Max. The third one Beyond The Thunderdome I could without though

10. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    That should be more like it. She is the only reason to see that movie in the first place.

11. whoa, hold on there, cowboy. I rather liked that one. I can't wait to rent the sequel.

12. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    +666

My brother and I spent the time to watch it, to get ready to go see the sequel with friends opening night.

We called them and flat out REFUSED to hang out with them if they were seeing that horse dung pile of a movie sequel. The first was horrendous and would make Steven Hawking jump up and run out the room!

13. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas

:spit:

Mad Max is a great movie!

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    What is supposed to be so great about it? A few lame car chases, a ridiculous set of bad guys, a loose plot, a dull script with a wooden cast. Whats to like? :confused:

murphy likes this.
  15. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I am currently watching the HBO special "From The Earth To The Moon." Old but really good.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I watch the "Godfather I & II"" and "Ben Hur" over & over again...along with "Office Space".

There are others to be sure but overall, it's pretty bleak for new Hollywood flicks.

BurnOut likes this.
  17. Just rent "The Blues Brothers." It's the only movie you'll ever need.

Oddly likes this.
  18. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    It was pretty much the exact same movie they made in the 70's.

I get about 6 movies a week on my blockbuster thing, so I see my share of bad ones.

Pan's Labrynth was good - allthough its spanish with subtitles - and dont watch with the kids, its an adult movie.

Tideland by Terry Gilliam was really good too, allthough rather unusual, like most of his movies I suppose.

And seek out a puppet movie called Meet the Feebles. It was one of Pete Jackson's before the LOTR - think muppets having sex and on drugs - hillarious.

19. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    Oldboy - Now thats a great movie :D

murphy likes this.
  20. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The whole Vengeance trio is ace.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021