Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wow, I have semi-famous second cousins.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Jan 25, 2003.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    My cousin was on survivor... I do not remember her name though...

And those guys that were poaching bears and taking the paws and Gall bladders then selling them to the chinese, one of them was my 2nd cousin.

Odd.

2. fishy

fishy Guest

Dec 13, 2002
    courtice, Ontario
    my cousin is the singer/ guitarist of not by choice and me and another cousin are jamming tommorow.

so there.

3. My brother saw Dave Matthews in a grocery store parking lot.....

4. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    My step-sister went to school with jonathan davis and fieldy... my friend has a friend that lives in jonathan davis' old house... my step-uncle used to play with korn... my step-dad is related to jessie james... and my name is Mike Money... as in Eddie Money... but i am not related to him.

5. My step fathers last name is Hammett, like Kirk Hammett from metallica. sadly, no relation

6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    The winner of the last survivor was the 1st string QB at my highschool way back when.

He's an an alumni-big brother. Does that count ;)

7. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yeah well, my auntie reads tarot cards on an Italian radio station ;)

hahah, Howd you manage that, as A) its your cousin
    B) theres only ten of them ;)

How did she do on it? as in position ranking?

8. Alyn

Alyn

Dec 19, 2002
    well my name is Smith as in...

...Well, a hell of a lot of people really.

9. Peter Hook

Peter Hook Guest

May 17, 2002
    Stockport, UK
    I saw Peter Hook at Manchester airport and regularly talk to members of The Doves at my local Tesco.

10. I know and am friends with the band Minus Chad :eek:
    You've never heard of them?!
    :p I guess its because they are a local band aren't famous. (yet! They are all good musicians and fun people. Though I haven't seen half of them for a few months, though I think I will at the end of Jan. A friend is having a party that they will probably go to.)
    also I have seen Kittie play live and shaken hands with their new bassist (sadly I have never seen Talena in person:( )

so maybe thats not as big as having a 2nd cousin that I don't know being one of the people on one of the surviors. But we can't all know someone famous:p

11. This one time, at band camp..... my ex was a basplayer and really did it. sorry u can get rid of this if u want.

12. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I bought my Steinberger from Roy Vogt, who is/was (?) Englebert Humperdinck's bassist!

13. some how bret hull and bobb hull are familly

14. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    I think she wa sin the top 5... and her name was heather or something like that...

15. mcbosler

mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    The guitarist in my band used to work in the parts department of Van's Chevorlet dealership in the Dallas area. Preceding his brief stardom, this same job was held by a boy we know as Vanilla Ice.

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm sure everyone knows the Roe vs. Wade decision?

Henry Wade, the DA in the case, is a very distant cousin of my family.

Dusty Hill is a distant cousin of my wife.

17. My uncle was an All American golfer at USC for 3 years, and played in many PGA events in the 70's. Then he died of cancer at the age of 25.

Remember this name, Alex Jordan. He's my cousin, is 6'5 and only 16. He throws a 94 MPH fastball and has only been pitching for a year.

18. i saw alanis morisette at dairy queen once. they gave her a chocolate sundae instead of strawberry. my brother, being very ballsy (hes a football player and doesn't seem to fear much) handed her a spoon and said "hows that for ironic, bitch"... i was quite embarrassed... i dont even know why he said it... i think it's got to do with the whole arguement about how the crap in her song isn't actually ironic, but it's ironic how a song titled ironic isn't actually ironic. ironic ironic ironic.

19. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I saw Bill Murray at a Cubs/Cardinals game in St. Louis.
    I also shook Bob Dole's hand (the injured one).

None of my relatives are famous, but I have some royalty in my ancestry. A couple kings of England and such. You can trace a direct line from me to Rollo, the first Duke of Normandy in the year 854. Kind of interesting.

20. I just touched the Stanley Cup the other day......

:eek: :) :)

I have past mafia connections....lol.....

And those guys that were poaching bears and taking the paws and Gall bladders then selling them to the chinese, one of them was my 2nd cousin.

THAT IS REALLY NOT SOMETHING YOU WANT TO BE PROUD OF :( You seem like a good guy, and I am not pinning this on you IN THE LEAST, but that IMO is just a despicable act. I am 99.999999% that you would never step that low, so it's all good.