Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wow... I think i'm ok

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ARA punk, Dec 26, 2002.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Well since Friday (the 20th) i've had a temperature of around 120, a pounding headache, and spent the better part of saturday and Sunday in the hospital getting stuck everywhere... even had a spinal tap. I just regained movement of my neck tuesday, and today i went to my family Dr. and got a steroid shot in the hip and after a few hour nap my head ache and fever are almost completely gone... after all this i could open up my own little drug store. I think i'm doing ok though. haven't found the strength (or will power) to get on and inform anyone). But i'm doing ok i think.

2. Geez, what was the diagnosis? Menangitis?

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Whoa, I hope you get better.

Peace
    Nick

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  5. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Whoa!! Hope you are feelin' better. This makes my measly little chest cold a lot easier to bear.

6. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Yeah, I'm thinking you'd be crispy by now.

I suspect you meant 102, which still isn't good.

Hope you're feeling better, man.

7. Wow man...super hi temps aren't good..sounds like they thought you might of had some form of Menangitis...I have had Spinal taps done before, not for Menangitis though , after you get the worst head ache in the world until your body replaces the fluid they took. oh yea did they tell you not do any lifting of any kind and no exercise? best thing is to go to bed. There is a chance that some fluid could leak out causing you even more of a head ache . I hope you feel better real soon man

Fetch!

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Yeah it had to be 102.. I believe anything higher than 108 you will die.. My roommate (and one of of my best friends)from my freshman year got terribly sick once and had a fever of 106.. I was so worried.. he is a little guy, I called his mom at 12:30am while I was taking him to the hospital... he was allright eventually.. but when I read his temp.. i almost cried..