Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wow, looked inside of my trace

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, Sep 15, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i opned up my trace ah600 just to make sure everything was tight and what not..
    the two caps are big enought to kill you..they are huge!!!! edge to edge width wise about 1 1/2 inches 3 or 4 inches tall..

and the transformer is as big as a bun cake..huge..but it only has one..so it is in no way a stero head right?

thanks just thought i share

steve

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    A stereo amp can have a single power transformer as it just operates in the power supply, not the audio section of the amp.

If you had a stereo tube amp, you'd have at least three transformers...one power transformer and two output transformers.

3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    That doesnt mean its not stereo at all. My power amp has one toroidal transformer and it can be run in stereo.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    damn..i just wanted to know if it was or not..and i haven't gotten a sure answer
    o well im shippin it out tomorrow for a rack setup..YES!!!

1400 watts...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA o sorry
    a mackie 1400i and a swr iod pre with a 6 space rack. then i have my tuner..man great..just great

steve:D

5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    sounds good steve. i have the m1400 also. i use a raven labs PMB for a pre. its a great setup and it definitely has a stereo option!

jon