1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

wow - more cab designs than you can shake a stick at (tecamp content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by renejaime, Mar 30, 2009.

1. renejaime

renejaime

May 25, 2005
    Austin
    I was checking out the TecAmp site and damn they have a crap load of options... TecAmp is rolling in hard in the bass market it's pretty nice to see

a full list of the current cab offerings:

» XS 110
    » XS 112
    » XS 115
    » S 115
    » S 210
    » S 212
    » M 115
    » M 210
    » M 212
    » L 115
    » L 212
    » L 410
    » L 215
    » L 610
    » L 810
    » XL 412
    » XL 612
    » BAD CAB

some cabs seem redundant like three different 212 cabs (S212, M212 and L212) looks like three different cab designs for 212s very interestings

here is the link if you don't have it: http://www.tec-amp.com/index.php?id=70

some very cool stuff...

2. i just looked at the "Bad Cab"

i nearly pooped my pants, and if i herd it, it porbably would make me poop my pants

3. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    Looks like great stuff. However being a Markbass owner and freaking out already if I have to get it repaired...I am waiting for a new US company to buy from where I can get my stuff easily repaired plus get parts and stuff.

They do have lots of cool big and different cabinets configurations though!

4. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Just 119lbs for 2x15, 2x12, and 4x10! Pretty damn good. Id hate to see the $$ though.

5. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    That "Bad Cab" almost scared me....
    I'll bet the price would!

6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    It's not just the cabs. Everything they've got looks top of the line.

I think I've just found my new #1 source of GAS... :eek:

MM

7. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    There's only one thing about the bad cab that throws me off.

The switchable 4 ohm 16 ohm version cab. Im kinda under the impression it is impossible to switch from series to parallel wiring without REWIRING the cab. Someone what to shed light on this

8. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    2 right!

9. Wonderful sounding stuff. It's actually pretty simple, the XS, X, M, L just stand for the internal volume of the cab... extra small, small, medium and large. The drivers and power handling are the same for the cabs with the same speaker configuration (e.g., 212) , but the low end is extended with the larger cab sizes.

I'm using the s212 and it is just KILLER!

10. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i just e-mailed them for pricing on the L215 cab ...

:ninja:

11. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    thats what i was lookin at. let me know what it is :hyper:

12. If you are in the US, the best way to get pricing is either contact Glen at Austin Bass Traders, who is one of the few US dealers, or go right to the US distributer, named Osiamo (do a search and the website will come up). Ed and Rawn are both great, and they respond very quickly.

I will warn you that the stuff is a bit pricey in the US. They use 'fixed pricing' (i.e., the price is the same regardless of the retailer or if you order direct from Osiamo). The s212 with cover is around $1,250, to give you an idea of the general pricing of the line.

Again, GREAT stuff IMO!

13. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Man, you don't know me. I can shake a stick at so many cab designs.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    "Bad Cab" sounds like a good name for it. 10"s, 12"s and 15"s all reproducing the same range? Silliness. Looks like an open invitation to phasing.

15. That is a pretty ridiculous cab! However, if you've ever heard the similar Mesa cab with the 15's and 10's, it sounds absolutely killer!

You can always get one of their vertically arrayed 212's:D

16. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
  17. Since I've become a TecAmp fanatic at this point, a couple more pieces of info for you guys who are just becoming aware of the cabs:

1) Most of the cabs come in 4ohm or 8ohm versions. That's really nice, and allows those of use with solid state amps or hybrids to match a single or dual cabs to the optimum impedance level of the amp.

2) They use an interesting tweeter attenuator that varies both the volume of the tweeter (like a normal attenuator) and also the crossover frequency point, from a high, airy, modern, slap friendly sizzle to a grindy, snarly, upper mid/low treble aggressive growl. This is similar to the Mesa circuit (which uses separate tweeter level and crossover frequency controls, versus the 'all in one' of the TecAmp cabs). Also, interestingly, the attenuater control is on the inside of one of the side handles versus the back of the cab.

3) The cabs used in their combo's are different than the stand-alone cabs, and use a non-adjustable paper cone upper mid driver versus the horn tweeter and attenuator/crossover level circuitry that is used in the stand-alone cabs.

18. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    4 to 16 is definitely do-able, and in the case of some cabs, very easy.

It's 4 to 8 that can't reasonably be accomplished.

19. +1 While the other TecAmp cabs have a 4 or 8 ohm option, the 'Bad Cab' has a switchable 4 to 16 ohm option, or a fixed 8ohm option, according to the website.

20. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    ouch, i thought they looked a little to nice and pretty for my price range. someday :atoz: