Wow!!! New Epifani for me!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Geoff St. Germaine, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Well, I bought a used Epifani T-410 NYC from Vanselus. Thanks to Todd, the cab arrived quickly, was very well packed, and well... the whole transaction was great.

The cab. Well, this is a big one. The biggest cab that I had before this was an EA 210 that was about 70lbs. UPS had the weight at 123lbs packed, and there was probably close to 20 lbs of packing, so I am guessing that this thing is in the 100lbs range. Not a big deal to me. Interestingly the Epifani website gives 85lbs as the weight of the 410 NYC.

Anyway, the tone... this cab is thick. Deep and articulate. It sounds great with my 4 string (the Dingwall is at the Sheldon's shop right now). The horn is amazing on this cab. It is so sweet, not harsh at all. This is how a horn should sound, but unfortunately this is one of only a handful of cabs that I can think of where it is.

Unfortunately I can't crank the cab up too loud in my apartment. Another unfortunate thing is that I recently moved and I'm still looking for a band to play with. I did let the volume get up to where I thought it wouldn't be long before someone pounded on the wall and it sounded TIGHT.

Anyway, this thing kicks. I am SO happy with this cab.

2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Nice! I really love my Eden gear, but when I pay off some bills, I am going to start trying some different cabs. This is definitely on my list.
  3. FR5

Feb 12, 2004
    Welcome to the Epi family Geoff, crank it up!

I was forced to sell my Epi 4x10 NYC a few weeks ago, now isn't that just heartbreaking!

But instead I am now playing a 1x12 UL and 2x10 UL cabinet built by the same mr. Nick E. Oh boy I am having the time of my life (and so is my back).

Have fun, steven
  4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    guess somebody else has been developin' a "granny ass", too. :smug:

but nice score! been thinkin' of getting a 4x10 to put atop my Acme B-4, too. mmm, mmm good. :bassist:
  5. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Yeah, just have no reason to deal with those big cabs anymore.

Isn't that an AMAZING speaker cab?

It's not the normal Epifani T410 either, and it's over 100lbs I think. Different, heavier plywood. Nick says it's the best sounding 4x10 he's ever built.

Rock it Geoff, Rock it! :D
  6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Congrats...I really want to pick up another 110 and 112. *sigh* :meh:
  7. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Yeah, somebody buy that Yin-Yang Fodera at the Groove Shoppe! :D
  8. Oh, I'll rock it. ;)

I put it on the bathroom scale and it said around 105lbs. The heavy weight doesn't bother me. I guess it gives me a reason for being at the gym 4 days a week.

This thing is gonna slam me in the chest when I crank it, I can feel it... and I can't wait.

9. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

For real man.
  10. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Another step in the direction of agreeing with my theory that for bass speaker systems -- heavier is better (tone-wise)!
  11. ryanowens

ryanowens Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2004
    weight must have something to do with it.
    the custom epifani I have that was made for Anthony Jackson is so heavy it would probably break my bathroom scale.
    but it sure sounds nice/////
  12. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Be forewarned, that thing has some serious throw.

It really doesn't take much to fill a room with that bad larry.
  13. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    it's a real mofo of a bad larry. :scowl:
  14. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Congrats on the Epi! I love mine. As long as you can lift it, it will stay in your rotation for a long time to come.
  15. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    do yourself a favor, don't do it!!!!!!!!!!11
    you will cry
    i like eden stuff but (dont kill me munji wherever you are!!) I finally tried epifani stuff against my 210xlt a couple of years ago and sold the eden (i still havent bought epi stuff yet)
    the nyc 210 makes the eden sound like it has a blanket on it, the 310 devestates it, and the 212 makes it sound like a toy. :bawl: