Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wow! Nice Fodera!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff Rader, Apr 29, 2002.

1. New on the Bass NW Site. Emperor Elite II 6 string:

[​IMG]

2. And the back...

[​IMG]

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Nice! :)

What kind of top is that?

4. Buckeye burl - one of my favorites!

5. Nice top but fugly bass.

Bass Central has Monarch with a killer buckeye burl or something like that top on their website. Now that's a sweet Fodera!!!! I'd buy it but I have my spalted top Sadowsky PJ4 on order.

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

My previous prediction appears to closer to fulfillment every week.

"Jeff and Fodera, sittin in a tree,
    "Amex, Visa, or Dis-cov-er-eee?"

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Beautiful.. I am not much for single cutaways though. Just me. but its still a great looking bass.

8. Give me the strenght not to spend $3700 on this Monarch buckeye burl!

9. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Hey Jeff,

I think the bass in your pic is an Imperial series. The Emperor 2 has a straighter upper horn & different lower horn...

later,
    Satan

10. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Oh my god! What is the string spacing on that.. that looks HUGE

11. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    thats an emperor 2

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    And it's sold. Rats.

13. Wuss :D

14. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Hey narud,

You're right, after I posted my statement I checked it out better, they are similar & with that top it fooled me! BTW, I just came from Fodera & played an Emp 2 5string looked like the pics twin! So, double shame on 'ol Satan...

later,
    Belial

15. Isn't "nice Fodera" kinda redundant?:D

16. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Not at all if you ask me. There is a thin line between "classy" and "tacky".

17. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    *cough*Warrior*cough*

I haven't seen too many Foderas I'd call tacky, though. Some are just "nah, not my thing".

18. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Definitely Warriors, but I've also seen Foderas that just are too much for me to stomach. Like when you're eating a delicious cake but can't eat more than a tiny slice because all that thick whipped cream wanders upwards in your throat, you know?

Some people like cream, though ...which is why it all boils down to "whatever floats your boat" or any of the other countless phrases with the same meaning. :)

19. That could be the most beautiful bass I have ever seen.

(Gasps!)
    (Weeps tears of joy)

Oh, so so nice.............

20. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    There's nothing wrong with Warrior's! Beauty isn't allways just skin deep! I have never heard a bass that has the tone that my Warrior has. I play for 2-3 hours a day with it, and it plays like a dream. It was intimidating at first, but the effect wore off. When I first got it, I was affraid to play it. It just looked so nice. Not Tacky! Check it out!:D
    [​IMG]

It sounds amzing. I have been getting complements on the tone ever since I got it. I was jamming with my old teacher(he's a sax player), and a couple of my friends today, He couldn't get over how good the bass sounded, and how it sat so well with the band. High praise from someone of his ability!:)