Wow, see what happens when you leave?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Wow. Things change SO much when you are gone.

Hi all. For those of you who don't know who I am, I was here a while ago, from about 2001 through late 2003. I then went away, because time and personal life kept dragging me back from the fun world here.

Nice to see that the site looks so good.:D And it's nice to see that at least SOME of the old crowd is still here, like Brendan and JT.;)

Hmm, I guess an update is in order. December 28, 2003, I quit Guitar Center after slightly more than 1 1/2 years. I started school, and am now only about 3 terms away from completeing my Associates in Recording Arts. I just started working at G.I. Joes, a sporting goods store, about a month ago, and love it. Quiet (no damn wankers on the Mesas!!) good pay, shorter hours, and better benefits.

Meghan and I are still engaged, and will be moving here shortly, sometime around Thanksgiving. She is attending Portland State, and I am living with her in campus housing. Now that I have a better paycheck, we are looking for someplace closer to my school and her work.

I had to come back, just to see how everyone is doing. I will scout around the forums for a while, in the mean time, shoot me a message if any interesting things that have happened in the last 9-12 months (did Mr. 2112 come back?:D)

Mmmmm, it's good to be back.

Rock on
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    JT sold his Conklins for a 1962 P-bass.

I'm sorry.
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Mike money went troll for a bit, but then he came back. Now he's just an OT resident. I went past the 2000 post mark, so that was kinda scary. I'm not sure what else has been going on, it usually comes at me like a blur anyways. Oh, there is lets buy a wish round II, the tara labs cable challenge thing got pretty interesting. The bass babes thread has been pretty cool, too. Though with the switch to the new software, some of the first posts lost their attatchments and pictures. The Lobby has been an interesting place as always, and the chat is still always dead.
  4. I'll belive that when Richard Simmons is caught having sex with a beautiful woman.

Rock on
  5. LOL
  6. Biggest news since you left is the member who faked their own suicide about 6 months ago.
  7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Hi, Eric! Good to see your electronic spoor!
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, man. welcome back.

there was a special on the discovery channel about amateur/model rocketry and it made me think about you just the other day. good to hear from you :).
  9. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Wow, you lasted over a year at the GC? :D

Welcome back. :)
  10. Yeah, that amazes me, too.:eek: June 15th 2002 to December 31, 2003. The main reason that I left was that GC wouldn't let me go to a part time schedule so I could go back to school. But I laso left because of the long hours (48 to 56 a week) the low pay ($7.00 an hour plus about $100-$200 in commision) and the high noise level (ambient volume of 90dB+!!) Plus it caused me to have an ulcer.

No, I plan on staying for a while this time. See, I even came back today!!:D

Rock on
  11. Hey man, glad to see you back, we missed you! Since you left, as mentioned, we've had some new OT kids, and the previous ones have matured. There's been alot of the same threads brought up many many times over the years, plus many new, interesting topics.

Oh, and Polybass... That's a pretty big one. I'm sure you remember who he is, but what you might not know is that he left, and what his message for leaving was. Anyhow, have fun man!
  12. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I completely forgot about this one... That was a wierd time.
  13. Whoa, that was faked? :confused:

Mr. Cameron, I remember thee. Welcome back.
  14. Pollybass-he was a very active member with a very active personality.
  15. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i changed my name!
    guess who i am.

no wait, i'll tell you. it's BA.
  16. I think I remember that dark episode of TB.:D

::serious sounding voice-over::

Next time, on As the Volume Knob Turns,

Rock on
  17. Gia

Feb 28, 2001

oh man, if you remember that you HAVE been gone a long time! :D

you missed some drama, but nothing as good as that.
  18. Still being all dark and scary, or has pink (the color, not the singer) invaded your life?

Rock on
  19. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I think I've arrived, in your absense... Nice to meet you...
  20. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i'm still dark and scary, just not in an obvious way :ninja:
    i lost the goth (in more ways than one!) and gained some life ;)

glad to see you and meghan are still together!