1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wow, the Boss LS-2 made my day!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrbaloo, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Hi

Recently I bought the Boss LS-2 Line Selector primary for use when swithing between basses (fretted/fretless) on stage. Then I thought of buliding a small effect pedal board because of the versatility of the LS-2...

But today, I went to play a gig with a symphonic band. On stage there was another small band that was to play subsequent with our band. As I had to tune my bass in A = 442 Hz (you know those horn blowers :) ) this other band's bass player couldn't borrow my bass and play along with the grand piano (tuned in A = 440). I realized that I had the LS-2 in my case and we just used it in Mix-mode and succesfully plugged two basses into the in-house bass combo amp.

So, the LS-2 made my day. A very nice little box!

/MrBaloo

2. The ART coolswitch also does this. You can either run 2 input sources and A/B or Y through 2 separate amps, or feed 2 amps with either one, other or both basses.

It's really a very cool switch!

3. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Ok. I didn't know that the CoolSwitch can merge two signals and I'm sure that the ART pedal would have served me today.

I want a more versatile box, this is why the LS-2 is very handy in my gear case.

/MrBaloo

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Actually, if you use one active and one passive basses, or 2 basses with a dramatic difference of output, the ART will be worthless while the LS-2 will allow you to adjust each signal precisely.