Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wow, the Boss LS-2 made my day!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrbaloo, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Hi

Recently I bought the Boss LS-2 Line Selector primary for use when swithing between basses (fretted/fretless) on stage. Then I thought of buliding a small effect pedal board because of the versatility of the LS-2...

But today, I went to play a gig with a symphonic band. On stage there was another small band that was to play subsequent with our band. As I had to tune my bass in A = 442 Hz (you know those horn blowers :) ) this other band's bass player couldn't borrow my bass and play along with the grand piano (tuned in A = 440). I realized that I had the LS-2 in my case and we just used it in Mix-mode and succesfully plugged two basses into the in-house bass combo amp.

So, the LS-2 made my day. A very nice little box!

/MrBaloo

2. The ART coolswitch also does this. You can either run 2 input sources and A/B or Y through 2 separate amps, or feed 2 amps with either one, other or both basses.

It's really a very cool switch!

3. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Ok. I didn't know that the CoolSwitch can merge two signals and I'm sure that the ART pedal would have served me today.

I want a more versatile box, this is why the LS-2 is very handy in my gear case.

/MrBaloo

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Actually, if you use one active and one passive basses, or 2 basses with a dramatic difference of output, the ART will be worthless while the LS-2 will allow you to adjust each signal precisely.