Wow, this Turner Electroline is simply amazing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xyllion, Apr 9, 2003.

1. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Yea, I know I've talked about this bass before, but I've had it for over a month now it is simply amazing. I just can't believe the sounds I can get out of this instrument. I just got back from band practice and I'm just so stoked about this bass. Hats off to Rick Turner and Dude.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I still think that is a dangerously classy bass.

Some day, I hope to add a Turner to my stable. And, Rick couldn't be a nicer guy. I've talked to him about a D-TAR mic/pickup for my ABG, and he is always quick to respond. Pretty amazing considering he is one of the forefathers of modern bass design.

What strings are you using on it? Jazz Rounds? I loves me some Jazz Rounds....:D
  3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Yep, those are jazz rounds. I'm a big fan of those strings as well. My Lakland JO has a set of jazz rounds on it as well. While not the best string for every person and every bass, they are perfect for my two basses.

As for Rick, I plan on making a trip over and meeting him in person. I live in San Jose and his shop is about 30 minutes away in Santa Cruz.
  4. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yup... I've got the same bass in a natural satin finish. Great sounding, great playing bass.

I live in San Francisco, and was down in Santa Cruz yesterday with the bass as a matter of fact. I even stopped by Renaissance briefly so they could check out this intermittent buzzing I'd had, but of course the Electroline was perfectly quiet in the shop there (no complaints)... the wiring in my home studio is the culprit, but just wanted to re-affirm!

Have fun with it. I usually string mine with T-I Jazz Flats and occassionally with T-I Powerbass. I also had T-I Jazz Rounds on it and really like the tone, but the tension is a little low for my taste... Of course, I'll probably string it with the Jazz Rounds again. All of the T-I strings sound great on the Electroline, and I'm torn between the Flats and Wounds.

5. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I also have the same bass, natural, satin finish, but mine has Turner Diamond pup and a Bart 9J. I am really curious how the sound would compare to your pup combination. But's an awesome and underrated bass from a guy who really knows what he is doing.