Wow...Video of an Eight Year Old Kid's Guitar Solo...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassGod, Aug 8, 2005.

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Guitar Solo

I'm not much for that style of playing but, this kid has major talent.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Well, he has the shredding down, now he only needs some taste.
  3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I never been impress by people who play fast.
    But for an 8 years old kid that's amazing
  4. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Agreed, I just thought that was amazing considering his age. Yngwie has some competition, it seems. ;)

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well, it's quite common with violin or piano players at that age, but not so much with guitarists, which usually aren't formally trained.
  6. well, he's fast. i want to see what else he can do.
  7. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    That kid is good at scales and arpeggios.
  8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Wow, that kid is amazing! It is a shame so many of you refuse to acknowledge or recognize that kids level of talent, or just write it off to shredding or tasteless wanking. It is a little foolish to expect a kid that young to have a developed and mature sense of taste, which can only come from many years of experience (in and out of the musical world). I mean, come on, he's 8 friggin' years old! Just think of where that kid could go when he learns enough about life to play through his heart and not his fingers.
  9. hey, i wasn't ripping him. i said he was fast. the stuff he was playing wasn't my favorite, but i would like to see what other stuff he can do. i agree with you that he can shred like a mad man.
  10. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Are you sure he's not a dwarf, you know like Gary Coleman?
  11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Agreed, but I really hope he grows some taste. His speed is indeed amazing for being an 8 year old, though.
  12. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Good for him. I say watch out for this kid in a few years if he doesn't get bored. No guitar face either, he looks very comfortable. He can shred, obviously, but a tune or two of that and I'm done listening, more like a sideshow attraction than a reason to stay and watch for anymore than a few minutes. I guess I have ADD. Pretty cool though.
  13. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The kid has major potential. I hope the parents support and cultivate him.

Yeah it gets boring but you know what? I couldn't play like that when I was 8. Heck I still can't play like that.

I respect his gift.
  14. 8 year old my arse! that's a dwarf!
  15. yeah, he's good...i am not a fan of that shredding because it really kinda sounds random to me, but there is no question, he is good
  16. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I would sell his guitar if I had to put up with that crap all day.
  17. Wow- the kids good. technically proficient for sure
    I would guess that all he does is go to school (maybe) and when hes not in school hes practicing. Chromatic scales and arpegios.
    If he can keep up the interest and desire he be a good technical player. Michael angelo yngwi malmsteen type
  18. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Once again you can tell that the bass player in the back is playing but all you can hear is the guitar. :)

Sorry but I'm one of the "the kid's a wanker" guy's. Yes, he has speed and skill in that department, but it's honestly boring as hell IMO and this video just solidifies the reason why I never picked up guitar. I don't mind guitar solo's but I'd rather listen to something that sounds like it has soul and emotion behind it rather than mindless memorization.
  19. I think i'm on the "kids a wanker" side as well haha. One thing that really annoyed me was I think the kid looked up once the whole entire time, which to me is something that demonstrates bad showmanship. Granted, the kid is only 8(I want proof haha) so he gets mucho credit, but I am really not impressed. I've seen "virtuoso's" before, but mainly only from online videos.. I just always wonder if they really know what they're doing.
  20. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Sure the kid can play...I just hate that type of playing. It's boring and without feeling. I reminds me of doing homework just by watching him. This is a reason why I don't like most guitar virtuosos. I do like Sach though.

If I was his teacher I would have started teaching him blues rock.