Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WOW - Warwick Streamer Stage Wide neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brian v2.0, May 31, 2004.

1. I took a trip to my local GC today just to look around. i stepped into the bass room and as always there was a wall of warwicks. I've tried plenty of warwicks and never been really taken by them... until today. Just out of curiosity i decided to try the wideneck streamer stage 5 and was totally blown away. I would have never thought i would like the wide spacing. Surprisingly it was very easy to play and unbelievably comfortable for slapping. The neck was much flatter and not nearly as chunky as most of the other warwicks i've played and i loved it.....

i just thought i'd share my experience, all i've got to do now is save up around $3000 :D

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I own one... it's really fantastic, I can't stop telling everyone.

It was just that after an hour of playing I noticed that the neck was very wide. Having my Aria for some time I got used to small spacings, so already accepted I had to get used to wider necks. I can't see why everybody is complaing about one millimeter less or extra... humbug.

I got mine for a bargain and I'm very luck with it.

And happy!!!!! :hyper:

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    My GC just got a new load of Warwicks in... They also have a SS1 Wide, which I haven't tried out yet. Now I usually hate warwicks, but they have a Set-Neck Infinity LTD 2000 in with the J/MM config, and that bass blew me away. It is an amazing bass. Plays so good, sounds soo good, looks soo good. Wow.

Peace,
    Scott D.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I got a pre-owned SSI5 from basscentral.com (a '98 according to the S/N). Between the thick D profile and wide spacing it was a challenge to play at first (moreso than my 35 inchers) but I truly love the playability as well as the tone.