Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wow...we are just a church band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by FlawLaw, Jun 2, 2004.

1. I am a minister. I started a little church band to play our Saturday services. Originally, I was the drummer, but then converted to bass. In any case, there were four of us. The guitar player, however, could not sing a lick and was a terrible guitar player. Being a minister and nice and all. I resisted confronting him, but then people were telling me that he sucked. Imagine that little old church ladies coming to me and saying that guitarist sucks. This evening at rehearsal we let him go. He explodes. He acts as if he is being booted from the Beatles. He starts swearing - in the sanctuary no less and says, call the cops, cause I'm not leaving. Oh well. I guess some people take themselves too seriously. Needless to say he finally left, but wow! It was touch and go.

2. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I can't believe he was a guitar player!!! To have a fit like that???

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    nyuk nyuk nyuk.

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    You should have smote him with the edge of the bass body.

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    yeah, people get fired up about being kicked out of a band. I'm lucky enough (knock on wood, hehe) to not have had this happen to me, but I'd like to think if it did I wouldn't start swearing and all