Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WOW WHAT A NIGHT W/ Flecktones!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Well I just got back from the flecktones show at hampton beach, NH. HOLY DEAR LORD. Most amazing show. I heard throwdown at the hoedown, sex in a pan, and at the end they weren't gonna play 2 song encore but bela was like we're doing another for you because you've been a great crowd. then they played moment so close. wow what an amazing concert. and it gets better. well they started to throw the hippoes like they do at the end. well there were 4, guess what I CAUGHT ONE OF THEM!!. and i had all of them sign it. i guess i jumped like 7 feet in the air for it. because i talked to victor at the end for a while (he was the one who threw the hippo i caught) and he's like, bro that was a nice catch. oooh my god, i talked to futch and bela for about 5 minutes each, had a nice chat with vic cause the line was long and i talked to jeff for a minute. what a great bunch of guys. pics::::Bela and Jeff Coffin signed the right foot, Futureman and Victor signed the left.

[​IMG]

2. Cool hippo:)

3. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH

Dude, where were you? I was in Section K. That was a killer show!

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:

4. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    What do you know Chris, I was must have been right next to you or something! :D

And yes, BTW--it was an excellent show! I'm still recovering.

5. I was there too, in section K also... wasn't it friggin awesome?? Victor blew me away like I knew he would, and the sax player dude playing two of his saxes at the same time!! I was beyond impressed by them. :D

6. Dammit, don't tell me that... I was supposed to see them this coming week at Jazzfest here, but I have to play a gig that night now :(

7. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Wow this is weird. Three people in the same section and i like tictacs was in the section in front of the rest of us. So we've found four people--anyone else at the show last night?

No hiding. :ninja:

8. I saw someone with an (ugly bass player) shirt, wasn't sure if he was one of ours or not.

9. I was in section L seat 19 by the way

10. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I was in section Z seat 454.

Just kidding. Glad you all had a good time. That is one show I never miss.
    Nice score on the Hippo BTW.

11. Virus

Virus

Apr 16, 2004
    Ontario
    I just saw them last night in Toronto. They did the exact same thing at the end exept they played Earth Jam and some New Orleans jazz sounding song. (can't remember the name) Best band ever, before they went on Victor came in and sat just one table over from me and I thought, "There is no way I'm not saying hello!" So I went over to him and a a brief chat, nothing more than how are you and whatnot. Than I had to ask him to sign my coaster. I didn't get a chance to meet any of the other guys. Any effects they use are a perfect example between HAVING and effect and KNOWING HOW TO USE it. Victor used delay in one of his solos and than played on top of it, he must have been 2 bars ahead, your brain must really have to work to do that.

Woot! Woot! Wooten :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: