Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wow, what a roscoe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trevorus, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    My friend is selling this awsome roscoe, but not to me! I am sad.... He let me borrow it though!!

[​IMG]

What an awesome bass.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    darn it, it didn't show up. Here it is, attatched.

3. I love the fingerboard.

The top is kind of "out".

Why don't you pick it up? Its purchase will only endanger your marriage, put you further in debt, or decrease your chances of affording tuition next semester (depending on what age you are)

4. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    That used to be mine :bawl: Without a doubt, the best sounding bass I have ever played. I only sold it to finance a fretless, still miss it!

5. Thumper,
    What's it like to be gas-free?

Will your fretless be a Roscoe?

6. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Zon4Jon. You know, being GAS free is kind of strange feeling, almost like something is missing, or you don't have "something" to look forward to. Sometimes we get caught up in that elusive search, and heck, unless we make a living at it, the equipment we have is more than we need. I have real nice gear, I need to play the heck out of it! Yeah, I'm getting another amp, mainly cuz I'll be in 2 bands and can leave one at each practice facility.

Funny, I told my wife yesterday I should get rid of a bass or 2 since I'm really settling in on 5 and don't really want anything else. She told me to just keep them and quit getting rid of stuff! I'll probably heed her advice for about 6 months, and then try to swap one of the 5'ers for a 6 just to noodle with. GAS never dies, it just subsides.

It never worked out for me to get a fretless Roscoe. The fretless Elrick, Fbass, MTD and Rob Allen kinda' help ease the disappointment though. :p