1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wow...what an amazing gig.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by mtizzle, Apr 9, 2010.

1. mtizzle

mtizzle

Mar 23, 2008
    I just wanted to tell you guys how Georgia College's battle of the bands went last night since most of my posts within the last month have had something to do with it...

We roll in for our sound check at 3:00, but the sound guys are still setting up, so all of our scheduled times are bumped back an hour - three of us had to miss class, but a sound check is better than Statistics, anyway...

We were the first band up for our sound check, and the stage sound was awful - none of us could hear anything but noise. Finally, within the last minute of our sound check, something miraculously happened, and we could hear....

That night at the show we were the underdog. We have only been playing as a band for two weeks. Because of that factor, though, we let select people sit in on a few rehearsals, and word traveled fast around the small campus that we are actually entertaining. We ended up playing a pretty flawless show, and got the loudest response of the night. We also played for the biggest crowd in the GCSU's BotB history: 500 people (not a bad size for a first gig...). As soon as we stepped off stage, a few local bars got our information.

At the end of the night, they announced the winners. We won both the audience vote and the judges vote, ending up with 500 dollars. That puts us on the schedule to play at a few festivals around Milledgeville, and one of the judges who is in charge of one of the radio stations down here wants to work with us.

Over all, it was a great night.

Oh! and we got panties thrown on stage....lots of panties. :hyper:

2. Congrats! I have pretty much the same thing tonight. Let's hope it goes over half as well :)

3. mtizzle

mtizzle

Mar 23, 2008
    Good luck, man. I hope it's as good of an experience for you as it was for me. Not only was the crowd great, but all of the bands were very nice. Not something I was expecting. Keep us updated?

4. Band Dad

Band Dad

Dec 5, 2006
    San Mateo, CA
    Congratulations, and best of luck in making the most of your win!

I've often seen asked here on TB how a new band might best break into a local music scene, and this is how it's done!

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Hey, no pics, no battle of the bands. :)

6. It was definitely a fun night. We placed third out of five. That's not bad for a first show ever. Plus we had technical problems with the guitar player's amp. It kept crackling???

Overall a good time.

7. mtizzle

mtizzle

Mar 23, 2008
    I'll see what I can do. ;)

8. mtizzle

mtizzle

Mar 23, 2008
    Good job, man! Maybe it's his input jack?

9. Never mind the gig, did anyone go home with the owners of those panties?

....JK, congrats on your win, now, what about the score.......?........

10. I doubt it's the jack. Putting it on stand-by for a little while seemed to help, but it kept coming back. We're thinking something with the tubes...

btw, totally post some pics. I'll do the same once I get them back from the photographer.

11. no pics, no panties thrown on stage ;)

12. mtizzle

mtizzle

Mar 23, 2008
    Here's two from the event. Notice my new bass =D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A pair of panties is on my bass in the second one...

13. mtizzle

mtizzle

Mar 23, 2008

...our drummer...:eyebrow:

14. mtizzle

mtizzle

Mar 23, 2008