Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WOW!! What is THIS????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pc, Jan 19, 2001.

1. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
  2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Michael Tobias were involved in the development of this? Cool, that ought to be an awesome instrument... :) even though hollowbodies aren't for me.

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Eh.

For what it is, I think it's overpriced. They could have at least gone with a floating bridge.

4. I was one of the Lakland employees that worked with Mike Tobias on the prototype of this bass. It's an extremley cool bass. It is very expensive though. They didn't want to go with a separate tailpiece. That's why the no floating bridge.

5. why so much money?

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    How much does it cost to produce and market a hollow body bass like this? What's your guess. How much should a dealer make?

If people buy this bass...it's not too much money. If they don't...

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    $3,600 is kinda steep, but like Brad says, if people pay for it, then it isn't too much. Truthfully, I think that some people are attracted by the price.

You're also getting fine, hand crafting here. Carved top and back = more bux! My two cents...

-robert